Help paying heating bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
iteachu203766
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help paying heating bills

Post by iteachu203766 »

I am a single mom who has been unemployed since June. I currently live in my grandmother's home in Lebanon. It is big and not well insulated.
I don't have any oil, or money for oil. How do I apply for help?
helper

Re: Help paying heating bills

Post by helper »

Lebanon where? What state?
trueblue

Post by trueblue »

Hi my name is Angie from Bealeton,Va.I am in need of help paying for my electric and gas bill.They will be turning my electric off on monday if I don't get $220.00 in by 5pm.I'm running out of time and resources everyone that I have called can't help or they don't have the funding right now.It is just my daughter and me in the family right now and I'm having a hard time with my bills and other expenses for her.My husband unfortunately is incarcerated and isnt coming home for awhile leaving me stuck with all this.I really need help or we will have to find somewhere to live til I can afford to clear thes bills.We have to heat and cook with both the eletric and gas so please if anyone can help us.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Contact the Commonwealth Community Action Partnership for information on utility bill assistance and ways to prevent a disconnection. Phone number is (540) 347-7000. Some options may include emergency or crisis LIHEAP program, they can direct you to assistance programs offered by utility companies, and much more. Also ask your utility company about EnergyShare or Operation Roundup assistance programs.
trueblue wrote:Hi my name is Angie from Bealeton,Va.I am in need of help paying for my electric and gas bill.They will be turning my electric off on monday if I don't get $220.00 in by 5pm.I'm running out of time and resources everyone that I have called can't help or they don't have the funding right now.It is just my daughter and me in the family right now and I'm having a hard time with my bills and other expenses for her.My husband unfortunately is incarcerated and isnt coming home for awhile leaving me stuck with all this.I really need help or we will have to find somewhere to live til I can afford to clear thes bills.We have to heat and cook with both the eletric and gas so please if anyone can help us.
a123

Help paying butane for winter bills

Post by a123 »

I really do need help with heating costs because butane is so expensive. I have used our Multi County Community Agency before but they are so disrespectful and they hate to help people like me. I am disabled and get no help other than my Social Security check. I have had heart surgery and I have a metal heart valve so I get sick easily in the colder months, and my bills and butane expenses are outrageous. I will not make it at home without help I will end up in the hospital as I have in the past. They would not help me in the summer months and I had to leave my home just to stay cool. My doctors were upset that no one wanted to help me. I am disabled.
Collinsville, Ms. 39325
Bw19

Post by Bw19 »

I currently am in need of getting my heat restored and need help to pay future heating bills. It is cold and I have no hot water. I have one organizaton who is willing to assist but they can not provide all that I need to get my service restored. I can not afford to move and if I am unable to restore my service my landlord will not allow me to stay in my apartment. I have a job but just need a little assistance to get on my feet. My apartment is freezing and I need help bad. I am in the state of PA and do not qualify for Liheap or STEP.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is a listing of assistance programs in Pennsylvania, that can both help you pay existing bills, and help you get your service restored or turned back on. There are options such as the Dollar Energy Fund, as well asthe Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA). The Low-Income Usage Reduction Program (LIUR) is yet another choice.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
Bw19 wrote:I currently am in need of getting my heat restored and need help to pay future heating bills. It is cold and I have no hot water. I have one organizaton who is willing to assist but they can not provide all that I need to get my service restored. I can not afford to move and if I am unable to restore my service my landlord will not allow me to stay in my apartment. I have a job but just need a little assistance to get on my feet. My apartment is freezing and I need help bad. I am in the state of PA and do not qualify for Liheap or STEP.
Ig12

Post by Ig12 »

Hello,
I am trying to find any heating assistance that I can possibly receive for this month. The house I rent is oil heat and I am running very low on oil and afraid I will run out before I have the funds to order more. Is there any way I can receive information on where I can apply for any heating assistance. From looking at the guidelines online I do not qualify for LIHEAP. I am a single mother and also have my older aunt living with us. I live in Westerly, RI and any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are ways to get help with heating oil and other aid in Rhode Island. Here is a listing of programs and other resources. You can even try options and services like the Oil Heat program from Citizens Energy, which is also available in RI.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/rho ... rogra.html
Ig12 wrote:Hello,
I am trying to find any heating assistance that I can possibly receive for this month. The house I rent is oil heat and I am running very low on oil and afraid I will run out before I have the funds to order more. Is there any way I can receive information on where I can apply for any heating assistance. From looking at the guidelines online I do not qualify for LIHEAP. I am a single mother and also have my older aunt living with us. I live in Westerly, RI and any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Realsimple

Post by Realsimple »

I am in need of another 385.00 for my heating bills by tomorrow and no later than Wednesday. I have the other half. I just asking that a caring charity in Pennsylvania to assist me with this urgent matter. My information is already in the courts and if I don't pay this last month the judge will go ahead and apply the judgment and tun off my heat. I have to pay the remainder month's balance to the Clerk of Courts. I am already another 3 days late. I have prayed for God to send me the resources/source but they or the individual hasn't being revealed yet. Please assist me with this matter so I can move forward.
pressure1

Post by pressure1 »

I receive $735 per month from SSDI. I spent the major part of winter doing without heat in order to keep up with the electric bill. This means that I used an electric blanket at night and a small portable (electric radiator during the day). I have also turned off most breakers to other rooms.
I also have a gas heater-which I have used to warm the air in the morning (sometimes-the temperature has been as low as 40 degrees in the morning.)
I use a computer during the day-have skipped ironing and using the hairdryer or stove...breakers turned off to rooms.
(The good new has been that my old refrigerator hasn’t run as much because the temperature in the room is so cold)
I have felt sick all winter and now I have a $272 electric bill to deal with - I haven’t even seen the gas bill yet.
Yes, I did make payment arrangements for 66.00 per month for the next 3 month (on top of the basic electric bill). I also have student loans to pay and I really would like to be able to use the iron and style my hair sometimes.
I have been willing to make ample concessions over the years while living on disability; but the point has arrived that I am becoming more disabled rather than rising above this point.
I did receive a $278.00 LIHEAP grant - but apparently that was electrically consumed in a very short time...and while I have turned off more electricity the bill continued to rise.
I did change my electric supplier pretty quickly after seeing the bill and realizing that I had been had by IDT’s offer of a rebate (which was not anywhere what was suggested).
What do I need to do? I feel so sick!