LIHEAP office is closed

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Terese
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

LIHEAP office is closed

Post by Terese »

Good day,
I am currently looking for assistance to pay a portion of my rent. I have paid 340 towards the 1,025 due on the first however, I am now unemployed and have no way of paying the rest or my light bill that I now have a disconnection notice for on Monday. I planned to be at the HEAP office before 8AM on Monday to see if I can get assistance with that.
I went this Monday, January 7th however, the office was closed for training.
I called in on Tuesday and spoke with a young lady that was extremely unhelpful and rather unpleasant. This was hurtful to me as it is already hard enough as a person to need help but to have someone make me feel so horrible about it, is unfair and not at all compassionate. I have been gainfully employed all of my life until the end of December when my job completely shut down so it isn't as if I have lived off the system all of my life I just need help until I find another job.
I would like to know about going in and getting some help soon please.
Momar

Re: LIHEAP office is closed

Post by Momar »

I need assistance in paying my energy bill. I have called HEAP twice in the last 2 weeks after hours, when the office was really closed, but have yet to receive a call. I have received a 48 hour notice of shut off and I’m not sure what to do at this point. My son who is asthmatic has to depend on his nebulizer daily which is really using up my energy. Can you please help?
Sejkora
anti spam: Blue

Post by Sejkora »

Good Morning, I don't know where to begin or what center to go to. Here it goes I will try to make it short and to the point. This is all new to me I have never had to ask for help before but my husband and I are in a position where we have to. He lost his job about 18 months ago as a HS English teacher. Since then he has been subbing and we have been able to get by as I work as well. (We have 3 children as well).
We were doing ok up until December when the school he was subbing at had 18 days off for Christmas. We have one problem we need to be able to get just one delivery of oil just to get us over this hump. As of right now we are almost empty.
We have tried LHEAP but the office was closed, and then we were denied we make just over the limit. I don't know where else to turn too. If you can't help believe me I understand but if you know where I can turn to for any advice or information on LIHEAP sites that would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance for any help or assistance you could be would be greatly appreciated.
Mollytift

Post by Mollytift »

Dear Folks,
Thanks ahead of time for your help! I've been looking over the needhelppayingbills site, and it takes me in circles, with no real direct help--but maybe I am missing out on the right link? Can you provide any details or #s on what and who to call about getting rent and/or utilities help?
I used to get LHEAP help with utilities in my Hollywood apartment, but then the HEAP stopped for two years in Hollywood. Apparently it started back up for all areas, but then the LIHEAP Hollywood link is blocked or not in service, despite what all the other neighborhoods. I've called the LIHEAP Hollywood office for 3 years now with nobody ever calling back, so maybe it is closed. ANYWAY, I'd love to hear about any links to any assistance to help pay utilities or offer small amounts to help with rent. Thanks and God Bless!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry. There is nothing we can do if an office is closed. Google for a new number or location. Or drive by it as you had 3 years to take some form if initiative. Stop complaining and do something productive with your time. As far as toll free numbers, try this for the state of California LIHEAP office as there are other programs out there.
Mollytift wrote:I used to get LHEAP help with utilities in my Hollywood apartment, but then the HEAP stopped for two years in Hollywood. Apparently it started back up for all areas, but then the LIHEAP Hollywood link is blocked or not in service, despite what all the other neighborhoods. I've called the LIHEAP Hollywood office for 3 years now with nobody ever calling back, so maybe it is closed. ANYWAY, I'd love to hear about any links to any assistance to help pay utilities or offer small amounts to help with rent. Thanks and God Bless!
Echo

Post by Echo »

I live in Wellford, SC which is part of Spartanburg. I have filed for my disability and I am currently waiting for a response from the closed LIHEAP office. In the meantime I have learned that my utilities cannot be shut off because of this. I understand I owe money but the utility companies don't seem to want to work with me as far as a payment plan so I now have no power or water which also means no food because I have no way to keep it cold not to mention that's it's been up in the 90° temps with a heat index well over that...I need help from LIHEAP and don't know what to do or where to turn.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are other places (besides LIHEAP offices) that may help with AC units. Charities, the Salvation Army, and other places may either (1) give them out for free or (2) sell low-cost, gently used air conditioners. South Carolina has many too. Locate where to get a free air conditioner.
Echo wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:26 am I live in Wellford, SC which is part of Spartanburg. I have filed for my disability and I am currently waiting for a response from the closed LIHEAP office. Mention that's it's been up in the 90° temps with a heat index well over that...I need help from LIHEAP and don't know what to do or where to turn.