The budget billing plan does not cover our electric bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Ripa
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

The budget billing plan does not cover our electric bill

Post by Ripa »

I need help with my electric bill. It is currently $263.75. I need to pay it by Thursday, then I can stay on budget billing and have my payments spread out over the year. It is the only way I can afford air conditioning. I am on disability, my income is only $721 a month. The genesis of my problem was due to a raise in my rent and a cutback of $40 in my food stamps. I spent my electric money on food. I now have a housing voucher that starts tomorrow, and that will put me back on track--if I can get help with this bill.
The Urban League and SLAAA (St. Louis Area Agency on Aging) BOTH told me to go into disconnect. That there was plenty of funds and that the only way they could help me was if I had a disconnect notice. Well, they are out of funds and Ameren will not put me in disconnect. They said it was because I have been a good customer. Apparently, NO ONE will help unless you have a disconnect notice. I don't get it.
Isn't there any help for people who are responsible and have a short term problem? Maybe, if there was help for people in the beginning, there wouldn't be so many people in disconnect. There would be more money to help more people. I am so stressed out and exhausted (not helping with my med situation...I have autoimmune disease)---Do you know of anyone who can help me? Please let me know ASAP. Thank you for your time and attention.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: The budget billing plan does not cover our electric bill

Post by Admin »

Well the Urban League and Agency office are experts. If they say a budget plan is not for you and to go into disconnect, then who are we to say something different. Listen to the experts. If you need to call them again, or learn about other resources, then find details on the St. Louis Urban League assistance programs.
Ripa wrote:I need help with my electric bill. It is currently $263.75. I need to pay it by Thursday, then I can stay on budget billing and have my payments spread out over the year. It is the only way I can afford air conditioning. I am on disability, my income is only $721 a month. The genesis of my problem was due to a raise in my rent and a cutback of $40 in my food stamps. I spent my electric money on food. I now have a housing voucher that starts tomorrow, and that will put me back on track--if I can get help with this bill.
The Urban League and SLAAA (St. Louis Area Agency on Aging) BOTH told me to go into disconnect. That there was plenty of funds and that the only way they could help me was if I had a disconnect notice. Well, they are out of funds and Ameren will not put me in disconnect. They said it was because I have been a good customer. Apparently, NO ONE will help unless you have a disconnect notice. I don't get it.
Isn't there any help for people who are responsible and have a short term problem? Maybe, if there was help for people in the beginning, there wouldn't be so many people in disconnect. There would be more money to help more people. I am so stressed out and exhausted (not helping with my med situation...I have autoimmune disease)---Do you know of anyone who can help me? Please let me know ASAP. Thank you for your time and attention.
supreme

Post by supreme »

I am disabled and have never had to ask for help before but this year Christmas set me back and I'm unable to make my electric bill and I just started budget billing but my average is 179 a month no matter what. My husband has just had his tenth operation and hasn't yet been approved for his disability even though it's looking good.
He just had his hearing just waiting for the letter in the mail. I bring in 734 a month. I made my rent which is 600, supplies and water was due this month which left me unable to pay my power and because of Christmas past my family is unable to help and I have no other ways of obtaining it.
If I can get help just this once I wouldn't have to ask again. I live at Roebuck SC 29376. Please any help or guidance to help is appreciated. My electric bill is 179. Please help thank you to whoever gets this and can guide me like I said it would just be this once.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Budget billing is not a solution in itself. It just levels your utility bills...does not decrease them at all or help pay them. But there are utility bill assistance programs in SC you can try, as listed on our site.
supreme wrote:I am disabled and have never had to ask for help before but this year Christmas set me back and I'm unable to make my electric bill and I just started budget billing but my average is 179 a month no matter what. My husband has just had his tenth operation and hasn't yet been approved for his disability even though it's looking good.
He just had his hearing just waiting for the letter in the mail. I bring in 734 a month. I made my rent which is 600, supplies and water was due this month which left me unable to pay my power and because of Christmas past my family is unable to help and I have no other ways of obtaining it.
If I can get help just this once I wouldn't have to ask again. I live at Roebuck SC 29376. Please any help or guidance to help is appreciated. My electric bill is 179. Please help thank you to whoever gets this and can guide me like I said it would just be this once.