Information on weatherization in Michigan

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
DJack
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Information on weatherization in Michigan

Post by DJack »

I am looking for contact info on the winter weatherization program from Alger County Michigan. We are a low income family of 3 and we are looking for a little help with past due bills and how to keep the house warm in the winter. We rent the house, and any info would be greatly appreciated.
Also we are looking for info on how to get help with paying the power bill and propane bill when DHS won’t help us. Lastly, we need info on food help or pantry’s around us, and that would be great. We also we don’t drive as we are on SSI disability and we have a minor child in the house. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Information on weatherization in Michigan

Post by Admin »

Most of the weatherization in Michigan is part of what Human Services provides, and it is usually combined with the home heating credit. Note weatherization usually has a multiple month or even year waiting list, as it takes time to remodel homes and install things like insulation in them. But you stil should apply and get on the waiting list. Below is the contact information for weatherization services from DHS. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... dit_a.html
Silverado

Re: Information on weatherization in Michigan

Post by Silverado »

I just moved into a house in Burton, Michigan with my fiancé and our 2 children. I tried getting Consumers Energy turned back on in my name but I have an outstanding bill for about $500 from last February and they won't turn it on until that is paid off. I am just now getting back on my feet after losing my job last year and finally found someone to work with me on getting into a house and have applied for weatherization. But it took everything I had and could barrow to get us into the house and now I'm stuck at a house without any electricity with my kids. I was wondering if there was any type of help I could get with paying the outstanding bill off and processing my application for weatherization.