I would like to confidentially help my friend with utilities

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Orman
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I would like to confidentially help my friend with utilities

Post by Orman »

I have a friend who is unemployed living in the Utica Mill Hill region of Seneca, SC. Currently, his power is about to be shut off for non-payment and he has no water due to water pipes which burst during the cold weather last week. He has no means of getting a plumber or making the severely past due power payment. He does not know I am contacting you, and I am not looking for long-term assistance.
All I want is to get water restored to his home and to keep his power on. He also uses propane to heat with in a small heater just in his bedroom. I wouldn't mind getting him a propane tank to keep him warm.
His power is through Seneca Light and Power (I believe). I would like to take care of this for him anonymously. He's a little proud and although he wants help, he would never ask for it. I am a school teacher and a mother of two--I just barely cover my own expenses, or I would certainly pay it for him.
sasolis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I would like to confidentially help my friend with utili

Post by sasolis »

He needs to call the power company and see if they offer low income assistance or to make a payment plan with them. If he rents the landlord will need to fix the plumbing issues, if not you can call around your area and see if a plumber will assist, can't turn the water on without the plumbing fixed. He/she can also call 211 for local resource information but usually no one can call on your behalf he/she will have to do it themselves.