Arkansas electric bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
shortnsassy1957
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Arkansas electric bill

Post by shortnsassy1957 »

hi, my name is maritta. i live in bentonville, ar. i am in desperate need of help to pay my electric bill. i have tried every where i can think of to get help but most places here are out of funds. also with no car to get a round dont help. my bill was 244.00 but a friend of mine had an auction for me a raised 85.00 and that has been applied to my acc.as it stands i am 160.00 short and the city of bentonville utilities will not work with me. i only have through today to get this paid. i hate to say it but i am in tears as i am writing you cause i havent been in this position in years. any help would be greatly appreciated.
god bless
maritta
helper

Re: Arkansas electric bill

Post by helper »

In Arkanss, if your utility is Entergy, try the Power to Care program.
It provides crisis assistance and help with energy bills up to once per calendar year to the elderly, low income, and disabled on fixed incomes with a one time cash payment or grant towards the household's electric bill. Administered by the The Southern Good Faith Fund, so apply for aid there.
Cuban1
anti spam: Blue

Post by Cuban1 »

I am writing in regards to Met Ed account in Arkansas I received a notice from Dollar Energy back in October informing me that I need to recertify and submit proof of household income and residents. I called several times and received a message saying that all lines were busy but if I hold someone would help. I would hold for long periods of time and then hang up. I kept this up for a week maybe two. Then one day when my family was out I called once again. I was on hold for so long (1 hour & 37 minutes) that I actually fell asleep waiting for someone. Finally someone came on the line and woke me up by saying hello, is someone there.
I gave her all my information, she informed me that I qualified and then gave me a fax number to fax all my information. Which I did. I never received any follow up notices or phone calls so I assumed all was good. Until yesterday, I received another letter from Dollar Energy Fund telling me that I need to provide income information to complete my recertification and I had 10 days to do it. I tried calling the number once again only to be put on hold which I waited for over 15 minutes and then hung up. I called again closer to 8 pm but your clocks must run a bit faster than mine because then I received a message that office hours are Monday thru Friday 8am to 8pm.
Today, I received a letter from Met-Ed informing me that I have been removed from the program because I did not provide proof of household income. I did provide it months ago and I would like to know what happened to that information that was faxed in. And why did the letter from the Dollar Energy fund tell me I had 10 days to provide when I was removed from the program on December 6, 2013 and just received notification. There are 6 living in my household and I just received a raise bringing my hourly rate from $13.45 an hour to $13.75 an hour and my health insurance premium went from $69 to $94. After receiving a raise that doesn't cover the increase cost of my health insurance and then this letter is like getting kicked while down. Please advise me how to fix this. I rely on the assistance I get for my electric bill since everything in my house is electric and my bills are extremely high during the winter months.
Awaiting your response.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can't answer the question on information that may have been faxed in, or what happened to your Met Ed account. You will need to contact them directly, as we are not that company. However, if you need information on other resources in Arkansas that may help with your electric bill, we have extensive information on those as well. They are for people of all different income levels, and some are company run and others available are federally funded. However, find how to get electric bill assistance in Arkansas.
RandyT

Post by RandyT »

Good morning,
I currently have First Electric in Arkansas and am helping provide for 7 people including my kids during the summer months. It is a struggle to pay the 320.00 light bill I just received. Have taken in my mother in law who husband passed away in March and dealing with the struggles of loosing two newborn girls in the past year. My three step kids are out of school and at home full time. Needing assistance please.
Rashel

Post by Rashel »

I live in Texarkana, AR through the TAHA. It’s just me and my nine year old daughter. Recently my gas was disconnected and my local action agency, Salvation Army are only taking Electric clients. Their funding for Centerpoint Energy has ran out. It’s going to cost $137.00 to get my gas reconnected and if I wait too long I could be facing eviction through TAHA BC as it’s a violation of your lease for the utilities not remaining on and running! Please help me someone! Thank You!
Grinder

Post by Grinder »

I live in AR and need energy help. I am disabled and have friend who is also disabled who also needs help with electric service. Is there anyone you can suggest? Salvation Army said they would but had to cancel appointment on Monday. Now they are out of funds. I had the stomach flu and just couldn't get there. If you could suggest anyone we would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, ask the Salvation Army when they will have more funds. Also, if you had the flu, and if you really needed help, then get out of bed and apply for energy bill help at the Salvation Army. That is a terrible excuse, and you may be one of those people that always has an excuse. People go to work with the flu and do extreme things....you can't even drive to a center to get help. Ridiculous....
Good luck, and here are the centers near you.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... inanc.html
Grinder wrote:I live in AR and need energy help. I am disabled and have friend who is also disabled who also needs help with electric service. Is there anyone you can suggest? Salvation Army said they would but had to cancel appointment on Monday. Now they are out of funds. I had the stomach flu and just couldn't get there. If you could suggest anyone we would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Kenmac

Post by Kenmac »

Hello, I am on fixed income, I keep my utilities low by keeping my light thermostat on 63* it's so cold at night. I live in apartment in North little rock.
I need assistance paying my light Bill, I am disabled looking for part time work to be able to keep my utilities paid, and to help with groceries, please assist me in where I may get help. Thank You in advance,
Jimmy_John_Smith

Post by Jimmy_John_Smith »

Hello, my name is amber. I live in Sherwood Arkansas. I am single mother of two girls ages 5 & 2. My gas bill was cut off in June because of nonpayment only because they added on an old bill two months after I had moved and even though I tried to dispute it they still told me I had to pay the whole bill.
I tried making payment arrangements on the electric bill but because the bill was a past due bill a payment arrangement wasn’t negotiable. I only have one income and I don’t have the funds to get it cut back on they are threatening to send it to collections if I don’t make a payment immediately on the electric bill. Will you please help me or let me know resources I can go to who will help?
I have no family here. I moved to Sherwood Arkansas last year on a new journey experience and things have been going great until I received that electric gas bill in the mail. Thank you in advance.. look forward to hearing from You.