No funds for utilities from community action and almost out

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Guyoda
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

No funds for utilities from community action and almost out

Post by Guyoda »

I have applied through the local Community Action Agency for LIHEAP, but they told me they are out of funds, which is the case every time I have ever contacted them! Ameren UE is going to shut off my electricity. My address is Barnhart, MO 63012.
I am 54 years old, disabled, 3 grandkids and widowed, and I live on Social Security alone. I have not been able to reach anyone for assistance/help. Can you please help me?
Due to the medication I have to take at night, I cannot wake up early.
Can you please help me? Disability Resources does not provide energy assistance, and they have no agencies to contact to get help. If you can help me I would greatly appreciate it. The disconnect notice I have received is due to be disconnected on September 4.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: No funds for utilities from community action and almost

Post by Admin »

Yes, unfortunately funds are very limited. Community action agencies really need to do that otherwise people will abuse the system. But did you ask them about crisis LIHEAP? That is usually available using separate funding. Also, are you saying you can't get help because you oversleep? Then have someone wake you up and take accountability for your actions. Anyway, try an agency for utility bill help, and here is a listing of community action agencies.
JohnJackson

Re: No funds for utilities from community action and almost

Post by JohnJackson »

I am looking for help in paying my utility bill every month. I am on Medicare and Medicaid. I moved from Michigan after my marriage of 20 years and being together for 24 years. I had to leave Michigan to try and restart my life over and be around my family. I am on disability thru Medicare and get help with food and medical only thru Medicaid from community action.
I finally found an apartment that I am currently living in but I am finding that I need extra help paying the utility bill. It's all electric where I am living at. My electric is paid in full right now but it doesn't leave me much money to get thru the month to buy essentials I need and to do my laundry here or put gas in my car. I just recently underwent low back major surgery and still have a nurse and physical therapist that comes in three days out of the week. If You could give me the help I am looking for or direct me to the proper place to get this help for my electric I would be very grateful. Thank you again for your time.
FirstKiss

Re: No funds for utilities from community action and almost out

Post by FirstKiss »

I am on SSI disabled & raising my 4 grand babies. My electric bill is always so high & I can't get help. I go to Allen community action agency & ALWAYS told they have no funds. My bill has been running over 300.00 a month & all I get is under 800.00 a month & food stamps. Why it is the same people get help & we can't get help???
Mybadder

Re: No funds for utilities from community action and almost out

Post by Mybadder »

Thank you for your quick response and info.  
One of the links was to my former employer where I retired in 2014, Southwestern Community Action Council in Cabell County, so I’m very familiar with them and the fact they usually have no funds.
It’s sad to say but most of these community action agencies and organizations in our area are strapped financially and only point people to other government agencies like LIEAP that only take applications at certain times during the year for emergency funds for utilities.  Our 55 and older clients at SWCAC in Huntington were used to take LIEAP applications.
I thought I had found a website when I found yours that could and would help immediately.  
Thank you again for the info.
Sincerely