Will weatherization save money on my heating bills and how t

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Mary B W
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Will weatherization save money on my heating bills and how t

Post by Mary B W »

I am a low-income senior citizen that acquired my own house; to which I am addressing necessary repairs when able (monetarily and physically). I very much appreciate the Western Indiana Community Action Agency, Inc., whom provided assistance with my heat bill. However, they advise me that government policy will not allow them to assist with weatherization program because electric bill is not in my name.

My electricity (at a rental) was eventually disconnected years ago after I was in jail for several months and my landlady allowed another person to live in my apartment and keep the electric bill in my name. Because I have yet to acquire extra funds to pay that bill, a friend allowed me to put my current electricity in his name. I struggle to survive and my health continues to deteriorate. I am perplexed regarding said government policy because without the weatherization assistance, my heat bills continue to skyrocket and therefore continue to prevent me from acquiring funds to pay toward past disconnect, necessary diabetes medicines, food, etc.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Will weatherization save money on my heating bills and how t

Post by Admin »

Indiana will give priority for weatherization to senior citizens. So that is good for you. How you apply is to call a community action agency. They go over the program terms, provide advice on how long the wait list is, and more. Since you have heating bill help, you should know how this process works in Indiana. So ask them for tips, and here are details. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ance_.html
Mary B W wrote:I am a low-income senior citizen that acquired my own house; to which I am addressing necessary repairs when able (monetarily and physically). I very much appreciate the Western Indiana Community Action Agency, Inc., whom provided assistance with my heat bill. However, they advise me that government policy will not allow them to assist with weatherization program because electric bill is not in my name.

My electricity (at a rental) was eventually disconnected years ago after I was in jail for several months and my landlady allowed another person to live in my apartment and keep the electric bill in my name. Because I have yet to acquire extra funds to pay that bill, a friend allowed me to put my current electricity in his name. I struggle to survive and my health continues to deteriorate. I am perplexed regarding said government policy because without the weatherization assistance, my heat bills continue to skyrocket and therefore continue to prevent me from acquiring funds to pay toward past disconnect, necessary diabetes medicines, food, etc.
JordyNelson

Post by JordyNelson »

Please HELP!! I am in need of getting a heating and air in my home. I have
Exhausted every means for a year prior to contacting you for applications to weatherization. I
Live there by myself the house was left to myself and 3 other siblings. Two
Of my siblings are willing for me to get heating and air unit under a no
Credit check plan, the other one will not just because of who he is.
Babe
Site Admin

Post by Babe »

Utility bill savinhs and weatherization info is here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... bills.html