Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Pullo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Facing a disconnection in Maryland

Post by Pullo »

Good Day.

I desperately need your help. I live in Maryland and I have two young children and I need assistance with my electric bill that is due for disconnection sometime this week. My husband is not working and I have applied for energy assistance and was denied because of over income. My hands are tied right now and we are struggling could someone PLEASE HELP!
Benjamin

Re: Facing a disconnection in Maryland

Post by Benjamin »

To whom May Concern:
I’m in Baltimore, MD. My electric company is BGE (unfortunately). I have had my services disconnected and have been at a hotel the last three days. Before service was disconnected, I asked for assistance, or a payment plan because I could not make the payments at the time. However, I recently just got employed with Comcast, I’m still in training, so I was denied assistance based on my income. Income that is needed for other bills, in which I fell behind on during my time of hardship.
I have NEVER been on any assistance program, but I know majority are for “low income” families, are there any for those who can make the payments, but are so far behind service is disconnected. BGE wants the entire $3000 to restore my service. That I do not have. Is there anything you can advise to help me get my electricity cut back on?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How could you possibly fall $3000 in debt to BGE? That must be Year(s) worth of power. So they were honestly very generous in effect providing you free electricity for many months since you never paid them, and you are now complaining? They are a company and must have given you many months to get your act together as shown by that let you use $3000 worth of power. How would you feel if Comcast in Maryland told you to work for many months and they would not pay you, but only pay your salary once you accrued $3000 in wages? No one would like that of course. Anyway, congratulations on your job. Maybe you should move out of the hotel and live with a friend/family. Save your new income to help get your life and finances together. Then you can try to apply for help from BGE.
JordyNelson

Post by JordyNelson »

I have received Energy Assistance for BG&E and water bill but the BG&E has been turned off since August 2015 and my water bill is still over $300 quarterly when no one is home during the day. I really need help. Energy Assistance states that my application was sent to a previous address when I completed it for the city not the county and they still have not applied my funds. I have a 4 month old living with me and we need help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are programs in Maryland for utilities, water, as well as electric bills. Find them all here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ing_b.html