My SSDI doesn't cover my monthly water bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Freese1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

My SSDI doesn't cover my monthly water bills

Post by Freese1 »

My water has been shut off for 7 days now. I need $300 to turn it back on. 8 days ago I had to get a restraining order against my soon to be ex husband. I am on disability so I have a very small fixed income. My ex said he had been paying the bills but he had not. I live in the mountains in Crestline California and I have no way to pay the $300. I can't use my restroom, wash dishes, or even drink water as I have none. Please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: My SSDI doesn't cover my monthly water bills

Post by Admin »

California does have some different programs for water bills. But they may not help with reconnection fees. That is less common. But maybe the agencies that run these water programs have suggestions for you while you try to get your water back on. Find water assistance in California.
Lisa James

Re: My SSDI doesn't cover my monthly water bills

Post by Lisa James »

I have a 3 year old son on SSDI and have been a stay at home mom while my husband worked. He recently moved out and said he didn't want to be with me anymore and shortly after the water at our home got turned off. The bill is over $300 and I have no family to ask for help until I can get a job and start making money to save to be able to cover it. I desperately need help paying the water bill so I can get it turned back on for my son so that we don't have to keep going to friends houses to shower. I can repay the aid back in increments from SSDI as I start making money when I get a job. I would be forever thankful and blessed if I can get this help!