In need of help with a significantly high Gas and electric b

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
tausha6180
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

In need of help with a significantly high Gas and electric b

Post by tausha6180 »

My electric has been off for three years now.I lost my job and was out of work for eighteen months. While I was out of work I could not get any help, so my rent and gas and electric bills grew higher and higher. I owed my landlord almost $4000.00 and my gas and electric got up to around $3,500 when I started working again two years ago. I don't make much just a little under a thousand dollars a month, so it's been very challenging trying to get my head above the water. I do have three children that needs to be taken care of as well. I was able to pay my landlord almost all of what I owed him when I received my tax return this year but I still have a small balanceewhich makes it hard for me to put anything significant on my gas and electric bill. Any help and advice would be very much appreciated. I live in Baltimore Maryland. I have tried to apply for energy assistance but they are not accepting applications until July and fuel fund requires me to have at least half of what I owe.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: In need of help with a significantly high Gas and electr

Post by Admin »

We have numerous programs listed for Baltimore, including for energy bill assistance, job training, food, and more. You may also want to look into Crisis LIHEAP, as that is another government program that may fit your requirements. However, as you indicated, all agencies, programs, etc. have limited resources and often stringent application processes in place, so you will need to call around. Our main Baltimore link is here, but there is tons of other information on the site for gas and electric bills. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_pr.html
ParkCircle

Re: In need of help with a significantly high Gas and electric b

Post by ParkCircle »

To Whom it may Concern.  Can someone please contact me? I have an Urgent situation I cannot pay the Gas and Electric due to Financial Hardship and the bill is significantly high for gas and electric. I have a son with a medical necessity for the utility’s. It is an emergency I had submitted for the 60 days but now has expired. My son is disabled. And the companies are looking to shut off gas and electric. Please help us.  To discuss my case. It is very severe. Thank you. I live in Nassau county.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: In need of help with a significantly high Gas and electric b

Post by Admin »

Often times a local community action agency can help with applications for low income energy bill help, including LIHEAP. They offer grants for gas or electric bills, energy conservation, and other assistance. Find community action agency assistance programs near you.