Charities and utility and heating bills in Illinois

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
mary_b37

Charities and utility and heating bills in Illinois

Post by mary_b37 »

Anyone know of any non profits or charities that can provide me with utility bill assistance. I need the help for Illinois. My heating and utility bills are way too high and my service may be shut off. Thank you for your aid and kindness.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Charities and utility and heating bills in Illinois

Post by Admin »

mary_b37 wrote:Anyone know of any non profits or charities that can provide me with utility bill assistance. I need the help for Illinois. My heating and utility bills are way too high and my service may be shut off. Thank you for your aid and kindness.
There are plenty of ways to get help with utility and heating bills in Illinois, Chicago, and the entire state. I bet weatherization is a good option to help save you money. Also try LIHEAP, and contact your local utility company. Many will offer you a lower rate.
Libby

Post by Libby »

Needing help to pay electric bill ASAP, like by Thursday November the 20th. I live with my mom in Illinois and I have three children ages run from 11, 1, and 5 months old. It's $200 and something but they said we could pay 175 or all by Thursday and we have no money till the 3rd of December and my mom works but her check run from 95 to 137 a week. She is because she works at a shelter work shop and we live in a town which is Cook county. We could really use your help. Thanks.
Booker

Post by Booker »

Today I got a disconnect notice from ComEd set for May 1st (Not a pay day). My mother, who lives with us has been out of work due to a major hospitalization and I missed almost a month of work due to her illness and recovery. Along with helping her buy her medications. Due to this I missed my payment with ComEd and they dropped me off the payment plan. I have 4 children, ages 11, 10, 8, 2 and can not be with out electricity. My husband and I both work full time but we make enough to just make the bills, most of the time. I live in Cary, IL, is there anything or anyone who can help me in this crisis?
Any help or even a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you make enough money to pay the ComEd bill, why do you need help? Maybe we are not understanding correctly. The Illinois based company will provide a good customer who paid on time in the past with a payment plan, which provide them more time. So call customer service and ask them about that. They also offer resources for those families with a short term illness. Read more ComEd assistance programs.