Propane or Butane to heat our home

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
charlesSch
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Propane or Butane to heat our home

Post by charlesSch »

I am married. We have 4 kids from the age of 6 -19. We are asking assistance in getting butane for our home. It is very cold now and is supposed to be cold tomorrow also. Our income isn't enough to cover all our bills so we have been without gas for a while. I have tried other places but they don't have the funds right now. Propane could work as well for an alternate. Any help would be appreciated in keeping my family warm. Please help in any way that you can.
Rangler

Re: Propane or Butane to heat our home

Post by Rangler »

Good afternoon
I am wondering how and where I would go about getting assistance with propane. My daughters and I do not get any assistance through our state nor tribe, but I cannot seem to find anyone that can help me, due to not being able to afford the propane. We were not able to get assistance last year either, so we may be having another freezing winter at home. If you could please help me.
Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While you didn't say who your propane provider is, we know that Amerigas is one of the nation's largest. Is that were you get your service from? If so, they do offer payment plans, and in some cases direct aid for low income customers. Most of the propane programs are for residential customers, and find details on them. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Harabugh

Post by Harabugh »

I already received a 1 time grant to get 200 gallons of propane in December. I have a 500 gallon tank and I use the propane for heat, cooking. I have 2 stoves and am willing to trade for an electric one and heating water. Because of the cold, we have less than 10% left in the tank and no money to pay to fill it. I earned $20,000 for the year of 2013 with 5 part-time jobs. I am struggling to even earn that much for this coming year with my schedules becoming reduced. Is there any way I can receive assistance until the weather changes?
Insomniac

Post by Insomniac »

I need help getting propane because my two 80 gallon tanks are both at 20% full and I used my CAP fuel assistance already for this year for winter. I had no hot water for 6 months so it drained my propane for heating up water for baths, washing clothes, dishes, etc. and I need between $400-$500 to fill my propane tanks because I can't use my stove right now without propane. I am disabled and speech impaired and on SSI disability but all my money goes to mortgage and lot rent. I need help please.
Fiscal

Post by Fiscal »

To whom it may concern,
I was looking for a form to fill out to receive help with propane for heating and I could not find one. We are a family of 5 with only one person working, 3 out of the 5 are children. Our daughter is our medically needed child. She has kidney disease. We have oil for heating and it is very difficult to pay to have oil delivered or propane for our tank. If there is any help, we would greatly appreciate it.
Lakeisha

Post by Lakeisha »

Good morning. my name is Corrina and I am trying to help my son out who has little to no at this time. They do have a $100 credit on their account through Ferrell Propane company. They only need $200 more dollars so that the company will come out and put more propane (or even Butane) in the tank for them. There are 3 children living in the home along with 2 adults. This is their only source of heat, cooking and being able to bath. His girlfriend has been trying Community Resources in our area but has not had any luck in reaching someone there. I am asking you to please email me back places that will be willing to help them raise the last $200 that they need for propane, please and thank you. Thank You, Corrina
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is information on programs for propane bills. If you want $200 for propane, then try LIHEAP. Or since you have so many adults in the home, why are they not working? Then they can use that income to pay their bills. Anyway, find Ameriagas assistance programs for propane bills.
Lakeisha wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:56 am Good morning. my name is Corrina and I am trying to help my son out who has little to no at this time. They do have a $100 credit on their account through Ferrell Propane company. They only need $200 more dollars so that the company will come out and put more propane (or even Butane) in the tank for them. There are 3 children living in the home along with 2 adults. This is their only source of heat, cooking and being able to bath. His girlfriend has been trying Community Resources in our area but has not had any luck in reaching someone there. I am asking you to please email me back places that will be willing to help them raise the last $200 that they need for propane, please and thank you. Thank You, Corrina
Javian

Post by Javian »

Good afternoon,
I called and was on hold for one hour and twelve minutes. When the rep answered the phone disconnected. Disappointed I called back been on hold for over another hour. I just had a baby and we are going home tomorrow However, we have propane tank for heat. We cannot afford to fill it with propane or butane and it is empty. Trying to see if we can get emergency help. Please call me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

LIHEAP grants cover butane and propane. Apply. If you were on the phone for too long, then drive to an office. Or take a bus. Or have someone drive you. Face to face is always better. But learn more on LIHEAP. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
Javian wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:46 pm Good afternoon,
I called and was on hold for one hour and twelve minutes. When the rep answered the phone disconnected. Disappointed I called back been on hold for over another hour. I just had a baby and we are going home tomorrow However, we have propane tank for heat. We cannot afford to fill it with propane or butane and it is empty. Trying to see if we can get emergency help. Please call me.