Both heating and utility programs in West Virginia

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
JohnsonC
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Both heating and utility programs in West Virginia

Post by JohnsonC »

I am writing because I just received a letter from a place called Dollar Energy Fund for the PCAP program I use for my West Virginia electric bill. They said that I haven't re-certified my household income and only now have 10 days from January 26, 2014 to do this. I don't have any minutes on my cell phone to call them so I thought this was one way to contact them. Please know that this is the first time that I have been contacted about this so I was completely blown away by the letter I got. I need your help to get re-certified if I am able to do it online. Thank you for a quick response if your able.
Caroline12

Re: Both heating and utility programs in West Virginia

Post by Caroline12 »

My sister is a single mother of 4 children in West Virginia from the ages of 5, 3, 2 and a 6 month old baby and l shut off her electric city and they having been giving her a chance to get it back on they want her to pay 1000. She she can't not afford to pay that in full. What can't she do her income is only her welfare 600 a month and with that she has to pay rent and her rent is 700.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Call the contact information on the letter for the Dollar Energy Fund. We can't help. We do know it operates in West Virginia, and it can provide a limited amount of financial support for heating bills for people that are out of options. But do not make sure it is not some type of scam letter too, and here are other utility programs in West Virginia.
Affleck

Post by Affleck »

I was wondering if you could help in any way with an utility bill shutoff. My fiancé live in Petersburg West Virginia and we have a Shut off on our electric which is in her name, for $965.21, due to be shutoff on Tuesday 2/29/2019. I have $100 or a little more but there is no way I can come up with that much in 4 days. My fiancé is off work due to having surgery to have her Gaul bladder removed and I am off on worker's compensation. I am also a type 1 diabetic and I am insulin dependent. Please contact me if you can help.
Thank you and god bless.
Patriots

Post by Patriots »

Hi my name is Amber and I need help with paying my electric bill in West Virginia before it gets shut off. I just started a job and Don't make enough to pay the full balance and I'm facing a turn off for the 30th of this month.
I tried everything I could think of but they won't let me make payments since I'm already on their PCAP program. I have a 5 year old and don't want to lose our electric or heat and this is the last place I could think of that may help in WV.
usually have everything in order but was out of a job over the winter and my husband only makes enough for us to pay our car payment and insurance I don't even have enough to get tires for my car to get inspected. Please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you have Dominion power in WV, there may be assistance for you. As they offer resources, plans, financial aid and other solutions. Find there here, at WV Dominion utility bill assistance.