California utility assistance to stop a disconnection

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
FamilyHelp
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

California utility assistance to stop a disconnection

Post by FamilyHelp »

Hi, I just moved to North Highlands, California. I am a single mother of two little boys who currently reside with me. I receive government assistance and I am struggling to pay my bills and support my children. I have been unable to pay or even keep up with my energy bills. My SMUD is going to be shut off today at 2pm if I'm not able to pay for it. I already received a "green" notice. The Easter holidays are just around the corner and I have nothing. Not for SMUD or gifts for my kids. Can someone please provide me with some assistance programs and/or church and charities that are willing to help with utilities.
HarryReid

Re: California utility assistance to stop a disconnection

Post by HarryReid »

My family and I live in San Bernardino California. We need help with paying our gas bill and if so even our light deposit. We just moved to a house. I've gone to UnitedWay website that gave me other agencies or charities but they gave me your number. I don’t have a home phone or cell phone. We only have this apartment that we can use thru WiFi only. Can you guys send me the application for utility assistance. Thank you.
Spacey

Post by Spacey »

My medical baseline Documentation by my doctor expired and PG&E shut me off. I have applied for Disability and only receive food stamps. I pay what I can and have found that it didn't make a dent in the amount owed. I need my oxygen.
I also have a 1 year old nephew living in my home and it has been hard over the weekend to care for him properly with no lights, hot water, etc. I have a seizure disorder which is triggered by stress and low oxygen. I have no income and I need help is there any way or anyone that could help me before I lose my home and my nephew.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Residents of California that have baseline documentation due have some laws and regulations that can protect them from a disconnection. But they are timed limited programs and they only given people (such as you) a little more time. So your oxygen can be kept online for a period of time while you purse other assistance for your utilities. Find information here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... necti.html
Redwine

Post by Redwine »

Hello, My child is disabled and is on a ventilator and requires a lot of other machines. The SCE company is aware of it his doctors notified them already. It's been hard trying to keep up with my bill. I pay what I can. And they just sent me a notice saying they are turning off my electricity tomorrow for nonpayment. I have no idea what I am going to do they said I have to pay the full amount which is $746. I can't pay that and now I'm stressed out. I don't know what to do. I live in Garden Grove California. Thank you.
Conners

Post by Conners »

On or about August 26-27 2014 I had to reapply for my CARE assistance with SCE for my electric bill. My assistance prior to reapplying in August was canceled due to a misunderstanding. I reapplied on the phone with SCE customer service for my electric bill.
On September 25, 2014 I received a revised bill from Southern California Gas Company stating that my bill was discounted through CARE assistance. How do I get this assistance switched back from my gas company account to my electric account? I don't think I should have to keep reapplying because of their mistakes on the disconnection. I will provide my account numbers and service address upon receiving a response to this.
Thank you.
Ginger1

Post by Ginger1 »

Hello, I live in Modesto, California and received a disconnect notice for my electricity today. I am a single mom of 2 kids. I work but my hours have been cut at work, so I am putting my pride aside to try and see if anyone can help my kids and me for utility bills. Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to read this.