Power bills in Colorado

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Ptbull11
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Power bills in Colorado

Post by Ptbull11 »

I am in need of emergency assistance with utility funding. I have been back and forth with Black Hills Energy Customer Service for the past few years especially over the past few months. It is difficult to stay on top of my utility bills, rent and other bills when I am the sole provider in the home. I feel like this most recent attempt at help with a face to face meeting at the local Black Hills Energy Office located in Pueblo Colorado was a total failure mostly because the woman made a character judgment based off possibly account notes or perhaps billing history, maybe appearance… rather than giving me a chance to truly explain why I was there.
My bill for Black Hills Energy Account is sitting at $1,134.59 with a disconnect date of 3/31/2014. Now the last time I made a payment was in December on 12/08/2013 for the amount of $236.21. For the past two years that I have lived at my residence I have fought with Black Hills Energy in regards to a $263.00 deposit that is required, that I do not completely understand as well as being put on payment plans or budget billing. I have fallen default to both several times due to inability to make the dates when my main source of income is SSI and that funding comes during scheduled times and the plans or arrangements are due out side of the dates the funds are available.
The dilemma I have had is I have been told that as long as the payments are made within 10 days of the due date my arrangements would not be broken, apparently this is not accurate and this is what has caused me to get myself into trouble. The customer care representatives are not fulfilling their responsibility in explaining when they set customers up on plans and setting the expectations, so I never really knew what Budget Billing entailed or Payment Arrangements either, I just thought it meant more time to get money saved to make the bill and now I have a high bill I can’t afford.
As of 12/8/2013 and 11/4/2013 I have been given (good faith if that’s what you’d like to call it ) Black Hills Energy Certificate For A Medical Extension for my mother and the reason being is it is vital we have electricity as she is dependent on oxygen for end stages of liver cancer. As far as making attempts to pay my bill I have tried to save money but right now I need all the help I can get. I am a single mother of 2 children. And as of 2010 I am fully responsible for a mother.
I am a full time Student at Colorado Technical University in Pueblo Colorado. As far as income I receive SSI for my son that amounts to $654. My mother receives about $1554 in SSI as well, I get paid $122 bi weekly for relative care for helping care for my mother and I also receive $50 bi weekly CDLE (unemployment income) we do receive food stamps for myself and my 2 children and I receive LEAP every year, but have yet to receive a response for this year’s application. I also have a disconnect notice for Xcel Energy as well. Now the problem financially, our rent monthly is $695. Water is $120. I am being sued by a nursing home (Pueblo Care and Rehabilitation Center) for $4,390.00.
My mother’s SSI had started getting garnished back in October by the IRS, for taxes and I also have court costs for a motorcycle accident I was in on 11/22/2013 that I am being sued by Pueblo City for, and in order to pursue my goal and finish College next spring I must be able to keep my Driver’s License and stay out of jail and not only that but also because everyone, my children and mother depend on me, so as of December I have stopped paying everything and focused on court costs and fines to stay out of jail and keep my record clean, but now it’s at the point that our shelter is suffering.
I feel like I’m in a losing battle and I do not know where else to turn. I cannot seek employment because my mother is too dependent on me and school is too demanding not to mention my son’s disability makes it difficult to leave him without adult supervision, I become physically ill with stress. I have sought out Catholic Charities, as well as other organizations but no one has available funding at this time is what I’m being told. The day I went to our local Black Hills Office when I spoke to Matt I inquired about the possibility of being put back on a payment plan to start paying this huge bill off, anything to make things more reasonable for me again, but she wasn’t so helpful. Instead I get a blank form for hopes of another Medical Extension, but this one was entered as I mentioned 12/04/2013 and a disconnect date for 12/31/2013 so how much time did they really give me?
I am in need of help and my fear is my electricity will be shut off and we will freeze because there is no way I can come up with $1500.00 to restore services. And LEAP will not assist my Black Hills Bill and that confuses me because the main source of heat is generated from the electricity in this house. I know this is a lot but I have been through an awful lot and I need help. The most I can do is seek assistance from family but not in the amount of anything over 300$ they’ve already said NO L All the income I get I have to pay for supplies, over the counter medications for my mom, my kids, diapers for my grandson, food, clothing, gas for my van, I do not spend my money frivolously or on alcohol or drugs or carelessly. I am trying; I guess I am just not trying hard enough. Can you help?
Osborne

Re: Power bills in Colorado

Post by Osborne »

My children and I are currently homeless as my soon to be ex-husband abandoned the kids and I leaving us with nothing but bills. We got on housing and they called yesterday. HOWEVER, we cannot move in until the $826.00 electric bill through Black Hills Energy is paid. I was recently diagnosed with PTSD and Panic Disorder therefore, I am unemployed. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help my children and I. I have called EVERY organization possible and really need the help! I wouldn’t ask if we didn’t need it.
DJack

Post by DJack »

I am dire of needing assistance with emergency to get help for Utilities. I have an Xcel Energy Shut off. I also need Food Assistance, Home Service due Medical condition stage 2 Chron's disease and pancreatic. I had been experience of shut off from last winter as Xcel broke the cold weather rule until LEAP had stepped in help paid $300 and had service restored. I was barely dying from Chron's and Pancreatic from bleeding, black bowel perforating due to no food eat for 8-10 months from last year. Can you help and navigate to see funds available since I'm not working due to work injuries from November 6th 2014 to current worker's compensation hasn't paid anything.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Be sure to go over the ex-husband for financial help. He should provide you money for the Black Hills Energy bill. The state of Colorado does have a legal system in place to help children that are in need. Also, we have other organizations to maybe try, and find Colorado energy bill assistance programs.
Peter Nagares

Post by Peter Nagares »

Hello, thank you for your time! My name is Melvin, I recently attended one of the auctions for utility and power assistance and I was chosen to receive assistance through Mercy’s Gate on 9/9/20. I was assisted by one of the volunteers to contact Colorado Springs Utilities and we established an arrangement where Mercy’s Gate was going to assist with $500 of my utility bill and I would cover the rest.
The volunteer I was working with didn’t seem too confident in the representative that was taking our call from Colorado Springs Utilities. They advised me to make a $14 payment and the other 500 would be covered by Mercy gate to help us get back on her feet as a onetime courtesy. The volunteer advised me to contact you guys if it wasn’t paid within a week or two. I know the utility company advised we have 45 days from the 9th so I wasn’t sure if this delay was expected or if the Colorado Springs Utilities representative didn’t set up everything properly to pay my power bill. I really just want to make sure that everything is good to go and see if there was anything else you guys would need from me. Thank you!