Disconnection in North Carolina

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Macaranoi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disconnection in North Carolina

Post by Macaranoi »

Was informed late Tuesday afternoon service would be disconnected if $73.46 not received before 12/28/13. My apartment will start eviction proceedings if service disconnected, even if reconnected.
I Have received assistance the prior month from Greensboro North Carolina Urban Ministry - they offer only once per year. Am waiting for a hearing for disability; unable to work most jobs to to a variety of disabilities, including diabetes, asthma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and a dozen others. Have appealed to family, friends, and Church previously; all of above are exhausted as of this moment. Any help you can recommend will be appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disconnection in North Carolina

Post by Admin »

We do have information on emergency utility programs in North Carolina. Of course it also depends on who your provider is. Anyhow, some of the resources are listed here, including grants, budget billing, and payments plans. Most of the providers in NC are willing to work with customers. More details.
Suzzyo

Re: Disconnection in North Carolina

Post by Suzzyo »

Hi, I live in SOUTHERN PINES NC 28387 and my wife and I have been trying to get in touch with your company to get signed up for the Winter care program. We have small children and my wife is six months pregnant and we have been to the Emergency room 5 times this month and it is eating up our Christmas budget.

We have no money left to our names because of it. We got a final notice stating our electric must be paid on the 27th which is tomorrow but I get paid a small check on the 27th and can make a payment that day if we can figure something out it would be a Christmas miracle for us. We want to be able to get on to your program and we are currently on food stamps as well as WIC and Medicaid through the North Carolina DSS state office. We are well under the poverty level and our phone just got shut off today so now I cannot call you guys. Please if you could help is in any way we would be so grateful. Thank you and God Bless you all.