Arizona utility bills and funds for a deposit

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Freede
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Arizona utility bills and funds for a deposit

Post by Freede »

I need help with the deposit and my APS bill due to being late. APS now requires a deposit. I helped my son and his family move to Phoenix from Chino Valley AZ. I also ended up blowing a tire on my old truck and had to get a new one. So to say the least, I am extremely behind. If I can get caught up this month, I am budgeted for the months in the future. I have had APS for over 10 years and this month I am having a difficult time. I would appreciate any assistance at all. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Kelly_Ryan

Re: Arizona utility bills and funds for a deposit

Post by Kelly_Ryan »

I been living in Mesa Arizona for two and a half years now and have been moving and moving and moving. I keep getting slum lords. The first place had mold and never rented the apartment to me. I paid for also stole my furniture while I was moving from back to the front of the building. The harbor on Broadway 2nd place had mold wires hanging out of wall fixtures when it rained destroyed my laptops and other electronics. They had my light hooked on the soda machine washer and drier and upstairs night lights. Now I was just evicted from an apartment that had bed bugs, mold, I had to leave all my things.
I'm staying with a friend and his family. I receive S.S.I. the place I was at my light bill got up to $477.00 I have to go next month from here. I think I’ve found a good apartment but need help with lights and deposit on the first. I'm not feeling well I have a bad heart and high blood pressure type 2 diabetes. Can somebody please help me.
FranKico

Post by FranKico »

Hello, we are in AZ. Our electricity was turned off on Friday due to non payment as the APS company said. However housing authority has been paying them 181.00 every month. So they have been receiving minimal payment. We are extremely low income. We receive 509.00 a month from department if economic security. I have sent APS that information and yet nothing has been done to help us pay the bill. We don't have the 510.00 that they want to get our electricity back on. And we have a new born and small children. My husband is also applying for SSI because he us disabled. HELP please.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What did the housing authority say? If they were paying $181 per month, that didn't cover the utility bill from APS? As that most have been a very expensive bill. You may want to look into weatherization and energy conservation programs in Arizona too. But there is also financial aid for electricity bills. Read more.
Jstark

Post by Jstark »

Hi, I live in Phoenix, AZ and I am in need of electric assistance. I have two toddlers and I don't have the funds to put towards my energy box this month. I recently had to sale some items and pawn a few of our precious items to put money towards our electric. We would gladly appreciate it if we would get an assistance.
Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Selling your goods is an effective way to raise money for your utility bills. Also, try contacting some non-profits in the community. Or inquire into payment plans, as there are many offered in Maricopa County and Phoenix by the local electric companies. Find them here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
Jstark wrote:Hi, I live in Phoenix, AZ and I am in need of electric assistance.
AlexisJohnson

Post by AlexisJohnson »

Hello,
My family and I are going through a horrible time. My parents lost their home in March 2013 and since we have rented a home together. Since moving into this home everything has gone down hill. I lost my job and I am searching with no luck just yet......our power is being shut off and as you may know Arizona is hot.
I am so lost and not sure what to do our to help myself. I have reached out the APS the power company and they said they can't help me and now on top of my $922.00 bill I have to pay a $515.00 deposit!!! Please guide me as I am lost and ready to give up!! Thank you for listening and I live in Avondale, Arizona 85323.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Hello, I am trying to find out which place I can call to receive emergency assistance from. I was able to call Tucson urban league but realized I was out of city limits... can you please help me find out where the closest place is to me for utilities assistance.
Cream

Post by Cream »

I am reaching out to every outlet & resource I have found in AZ to get help for a utility deposit. I am in need of assistance with an APS deposit bill of $235- & immediate rental assistance of $475.
I have Our lady of the Valley assisting me with $500 for deposit - when I have come up with the rest for my late rent. I would greatly appreciate any further help or assistance you may have available at this time & I greatly appreciate it!! I am a single mother with 2- small children. I was robbed by a mobile mechanic back in June and it has cause my life to completely spiral downwards ever since. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you indicated you do not have the money for the deposit, look into both charitable and government aid. Many utility companies also help people with limited funds or savings turn their lights and power back on. There are community action agencies too, and find more details on paying light and utility deposits with no cash. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... money.html

Cream wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:51 am I am in need of assistance with an APS deposit bill of $235-