Where to go in Wisconsin for heating and energy bill program

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Daniels
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Where to go in Wisconsin for heating and energy bill program

Post by Daniels »

Help with heating bill, food for family, and with electric. If possible my car fixed so I can get a job. Just moved here to Wisconsin and am now separated from husband and do not have a job or have any other resources coming in at all! I did have my soon to be ex pay rent so I am at least OK ad have a roof over my head. However it is cold here and really need the heating bills paid on time. Please any help will be temporarily needed and appreciated so. I have never needed something like this before its very hard to ask and so humbling. Thank you.
Amanda12

Re: Where to go in Wisconsin for heating and energy bill pro

Post by Amanda12 »

Hi I hope you can help me with our heating bill, I am currently disabled, and my husband is in a cast, I am not working waiting for disability to appeal, but nothing in over a year, my husband can only work light duty, and no over time.

We need help with out heating bill, I hope I am contacting the right people, I live in Dodge county in Wisconsin, I am not suppose to drive so I can't make any appointments.

Our heating bill is due on the 21 of this month, and I don't know where were going to get the money, I hope
you can help us.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I am wondering where I can go for help for energy bills in Green Bay Wisconsin. I have 3 of my own children and have another one that was a troubled teen staying with us as well. I make little money and this winter was very allow and my hours were cut to 1 less day as well as our utility bills skyrocketed. We have a disconnect for April 14th for 2600$!!!
We could not believe it. That is over a period of 4 months and we were unable to make payments in. We are using more than 70% more than our neighbors and don't know why. I had hope to figure something out as third were 2 adults with low paying jobs here recently. I surely thought it could be figured out between us. But as of 2 days ago I found out some awful information and my daughters dad left the residence that day. So now I am stuck with 4 kids, 4, 10, 15,& 16 and at risk for shut off here very shortly amongst other bills and I am in a panic. Any info is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
CadillacXTX

Post by CadillacXTX »

I'm a resident if Kenisha, WI. I have recently come into some financial hardships. My electricity has been off for a month now and I don't know what to do or where to go for assistance. I have contacted the energy assistance center here and they have informed me there are no crisis funds available until October, I do have some if the money to have my electric reconnected but not all of it. If you all can help me find a source in my area that can help me pay the remainder of this bill I would greatly appreciate this. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Most utility companies in Wisconsin offer free energy audits, especially if your bill is so much higher than your neighbors. Call them and ask. Also, turn down your heat, unplug electronics, etc. Most of the steps to take are simple. But look into the utility assistance in Wisconsin. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rgy_b.html
Dax

Re: Where to go in Wisconsin for heating and energy bill program

Post by Dax »

I am trying to find out how to apply for low income utility assistance in Grafton, Wisconsin. I currently receive badger-care state health care as well as food share benefits too but I am still having problems being able to afford the cost of living and any information that you can provide me with would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!