Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Scarlett1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

HEAP in Mississippi is not enough

Post by Scarlett1 »

Hello,
I am embarrassed, but, even with HEAP my electric has climbed to almost $700. I always leave them last as they have been understanding. I am very active in my community, church, but don't want to ask peers who operate or oversee many of these programs and assistance's.
If you might have contact for a small, not for profit - other than community action or Catholic charities, etc., that would be a great help to me. I live in Mississippi. My income is SSD pension and about $1000 per year from business activity. I really got behind after falling in 2011 when I had no way to supplement for some time.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: HEAP in Mississippi is not enough

Post by Admin »

How can anyone possible have a bill for $700 per month, especially in Mississippi where the weather is barely even cold during the winter. There is something terribly wrong here. You need to look into conservation or weatherization and stop abusing your power usage. People in the northeast, on average, only have heating or electric bills or a few hundred per month. Call a community action agency for information on this option, and find details on Mississippi weatherization assistance.
Nurtaslim

Post by Nurtaslim »

I have searched online and have called numbers for emergency HEAP help for low income families who have had their electric cut off for overdue bill. The 800 number I called for Mississippi crisis just rings a few times a then disconnects. I need emergency assistance in getting my lights back on before Picayune housing authority goes a change my locks on my apartment and I have no place else to go, and I also have a 13 year old child living in the home. So, if you could please send me some resources for HEAP in MS that will be available to help or something.
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are other light and utility bill assistance programs in Mississippi. You can find them here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... nergy.html
Nurtaslim wrote:I have searched online and have called numbers for emergency HEAP help for low income families who have had their electric cut off for overdue bill. The 800 number I called for Mississippi crisis just rings a few times a then disconnects. I need emergency assistance in getting my lights back on before Picayune housing authority goes a change my locks on my apartment and I have no place else to go, and I also have a 13 year old child living in the home. So, if you could please send me some resources for HEAP in MS that will be available to help or something.
Thank you