Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
SamanthaA
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Water shut off but need it for a medical condition

Post by SamanthaA »

Hello,
I’m writing to request assistance. I don’t always have access to a telephone so email is my only way to communicate. I’m a 45 year old unemployed female living in DeKalb County. I have an outstanding water bill and currently my water has been disconnected for over a month. I also have a medical condition that causes me to have swollen hands and also have large oozing cysts. Being able to wash myself is vital because of infection risks. I have been buying water to wash with. I’ve also been catching water from my roof. It’s not easy for me to ask for help but my need is desperate.
FreddieMac2

Re: Water shut off but need it for a medical condition

Post by FreddieMac2 »

This is incredible! I’m going to lose my home if I can’t get my water turned back on. Everything that I’ve gone through, everything that I’ve done, and I’m still going to lose my home. I went through the ringer to get my mortgage modified so that I could keep my home. The mortgage company approved the modification but now I can’t get the County of Henrico to work with me on the water bill. I’ve tried every avenue the water company gave me but I don’t fit the guidelines for any of those organizations.

My water has been turned off for over a year because it actually took over a year working with the mortgage company to get my modification. The water bill is up to almost $1,800 and continues to rise monthly even with the water turned off because the County has to maintain the lines. I don’t understand how the bill got so high but the County of Henrico just sent me a long and very confusing list of bills and payments that I’ve made in the past couple of years that’s supposed to show me how it got that high. Whatever the case, they refuse to work with me because the water is already off and of course they have to go by their rules and regulations regardless of the situation. I do not fault them.

Social Services will not help me because they don’t think I have enough income to keep my home even if they turn on the water. What they are not considering is that my home is income producing. They don’t count that because it’s not income producing right now. My home has 4 bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, 2 car garage, loft, sit’s on a double lot on the corner, with a pear tree and a fig tree. If I had the water on, I could move back into my home, and rent out 2-3 rooms. Right now, I have to live someplace else and pay rent there which should be going towards my mortgage, not rent someplace else. And renting out 2 rooms is well more than enough to pay the expenses at the house. So yes, I would be able to afford the mortgage and expenses in my home if I could get my water turned back on, but that has to be before they start foreclosure procedures.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! I’m not asking for a hand out, I’m asking for a hand up because I can pay you back with payment arrangements, I just can’t come up with enough lump sum money to get my water turned back on. And if I wait too long, then I’d have to come up with another $4,000, I’m guessing with fees, to stop a foreclosure. So, if there’s anyone out that that can help me, God Bless You!

And yes, I am a faithful church goer, I love the Lord, but my church cannot help me. I don't even know why I woke up at 4:50AM this morning with it in my head to send this to people on Christmas Eve of all times. But even with this happening to me, I’m still very much in the Christmas spirit because I know God is good and I love celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior. So to you and your family, have a Wonderful, and Blessed Christmas!
TracieT

Post by TracieT »

I need help with my water bill but it's in my landlord's name because ever tenant that lived here before he always had it in his name; I don't why. i have been very sick with different medical issues. I won't be able to pay it this month 64.24 plus my water bill is like 90.00 together is plus back paid address up too be 154.25. He wants it on august 3rd no later. I don't know what to do as my medical condition is severe. Please response back I don't want my landlord to shut me off.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Waht does the lease say about whose name the meter is suppose to be in? If the landlords, then you signed the lease. Regardless, there are some assistance programs for water bills in Akron Ohio, and you can find them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
A couple hundred dollars does not seem an unreasonable request, as long as you have a plan to pay future bills.
TracieT wrote:I need help with my water bill but it's in my landlord's name because ever tenant that lived here before he always had it in his name; I don't why. i have been very sick with different medical issues. I won't be able to pay it this month 64.24 plus my water bill is like 90.00 together is plus back paid address up too be 154.25. He wants it on august 3rd no later. I don't know what to do as my medical condition is severe. Please response back I don't want my landlord to shut me off.
Cliunches

Post by Cliunches »

I am a mother of 6 children ages 7, 6, 5, 4, 2, 1- my husband is having a very difficult time keeping a steady income lately and the water company has just turned off my water. My 1 year old is still on formula and I am unable to make her a bottle. We need the water service for medical reasons. I have 3 kids in school and 3 homes with me right now- there is no way to flush the toilet and it’s going to be absolutely 100 times worse when everyone gets home. Please I am desperately in need of help. Live in Pageland; SC 29728 and the name of the water company is Chesterfield County Rural Water Company- my current balance is $166.19 and it’s in my husband’s name....Please can you help me, and my children PLEASE. I am desperate!
Kids

Post by Kids »

I need my water turned back on. What area does the water fund assistant program cover? I called and asked about my account it is shut off. I asked how much it was and she told me the balance is 367.25 then she asked if I could pay it. I told her I don’t have the $ for it.
I also told her that I am a recipient of SSI my income is really low. So I was hoping to find a community agency that would help with my water bill as i need service for my SSI medical condition. The lady started yelling at me. If you can tell me who can help I would appreciate your message. zip code 77029.