Cancer patient facing disconnection

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
King
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Cancer patient facing disconnection

Post by King »

Hello, I’m a terminally ill resident of Montgomery County, MD, disabled with a fatal stage of bone cancer, and cardiac dysfunction. PEPCO is now threatening to DISCONNECT my Electricity, demanding a huge payment of $514.36, even though I have NEVER missed a steep monthly “budget plan” of $74.00 every month. I am receiving SSI for my permanent disability, and have huge out-of-pocket monthly expenses for holistic cancer treatment, which is NOT covered by health insurance. My PEPCO disconnect notice is attached to this email, along with my SSI notice of my being disabled. PEPCO is aware that I can NOT afford their demands for this phenomenal amount of money, and they are being unfair, since I have been abiding by my consistently prompt monthly payments. Will you please help? I have no where else to turn for assistance. My life is at risk, if PEPCO disconnects my electricity. Please refer to the enclosed attachments for my disconnect notice & my SSI disability verification. Please call or email me, after you have contacted PEPCO. My phone also relies upon electrical internet connectivity, so please help before I have no way to communicate. I am bedridden, and have no family or anyone else to help me. I pray to hear back from you soon. Thank you, & God Bless!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cancer patient facing disconnection

Post by Admin »

Some states, including Maryland we think, have laws in place to protect people with cancer (or another medical condition) from a shut off of their power. Ask your state utility commission if you have access to one for PEPCO. Also, there are government programs such as MEAP which may give you funds for your account. That money can also apply against a budget plan. So try those other options, including understanding your legal rights, when seeking help. Find more details on disconnection services in your region. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nnect.html
March

Post by March »

My Uncle has been recently been diagnosed with cancer AGAIN! We are going back and forth to Charleston for his appointment to and for what is yet to come. We have to go back to Charleston next week and we was there all week last week. We live in Marietta South Carolina so it take about four hours or so to get there.
Well my question to you is he has been putting all his money on hotels and gas just to get there and he needs help with his power bill before it is disconnected. He can't afford to pay it right now since he spent all his money going there. My question to you is can y'all please help him? It's due next week and we're trying to find help so he will have his power! Thanks for reading and hope to find help for him! Have a nice day! God bless!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have tons of financial assistance programs listed for Charleston. Also try some of the cancer fighting agencies we have on the site. Hopefully between the two you can find some resources.
March wrote:My Uncle has been recently been diagnosed with cancer AGAIN! We are going back and forth to Charleston for his appointment to and for what is yet to come. We have to go back to Charleston next week and we was there all week last week. We live in Marietta South Carolina so it take about four hours or so to get there.