If we lose power my husband's Oxygen will shut off

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Cuban1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

If we lose power my husband's Oxygen will shut off

Post by Cuban1 »

We are going thru a hard time and husband has been on oxygen for 2 years now. Tried to get help with Electric bill back in April thru WVDHHR in Morgan County WV. Husband is critically ill. Have called Potomac Edison several times and was asking for cut off notice so I could try and get help somewhere. Summer went by and now they are trying to cut us off. Tomorrow is June the 1st and after calling them I WAS REFUSED THE MEDICAL FORM TO GIVE ME AN EXTRA 30 DAYS FOR MY HUSBANDS DOCTOR TO FILL OUT. THEY SAID THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT THAT..................He needs the oxygen machine and nebulizer machine to live. Since then I have filed bankruptcy and attorney included this bill. I have to pay him in full to get a bankruptcy no# and have not been able to. My husband got disability right away and you have to wait 2 years to get Medicare....he has been in hospital 3 times with us not having insurance. We are trying to live on a 1/3 of the income we use to have coming in. Can they refuse to accept a medical forum from his lung doctor?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: If we lose power my husband's Oxygen will shut off

Post by Admin »

We don't know. The fact is you have to pay your bills. Maybe they can give you time, but you need to pay. Nothing in life is free, not electricity, even for people that are sick.
While you think it may be unfortunate, it is reality. Maybe look into living with family or friends in West Virginia, apply for LIHEAP from WVDHHR, or maybe some charity can loan you an oxygen machine for your husband. Here are some other ideas, and locate LIHEAP in West Virginia.
Bellion

Post by Bellion »

I have a home oxygen machine that requires power.
I am currently disabled and unable to work.
I do receive SSD. In the amount of. 876.00
Per month, for which I am thankful.
But unable to pay for my Bill's.
Nor have groceries,
Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you may qualify for an LIHEAP grant. It is offered for a crisis. what it does it provide the cash grant within a day or so. And having an oxygen machine means you need power at your place.
Bellion wrote:I have a home oxygen machine that requires power.
I am currently disabled and unable to work.
I do receive SSD. In the amount of. 876.00
Per month, for which I am thankful.
But unable to pay for my Bill's.
Nor have groceries,
Please help.
ashley1

Post by ashley1 »

Hello I'm contacting you because I'm trying to help my husband who is a handicap man on oxygen who needs his lights in order to use his oxygen machine. He has a light bill that is being cut off today and will be unable to use his oxygen machine. I need emergency help for this man.
 I walked into his home and he was crying and it's saying that his lights will be cut off today is his cutoff date for sure. I need someone to help me with this handicap elderly man who is my husband on helping pay his light bill so that they will not cut his lights off so that he can use his oxygen machine. Please help me. I need help. We are in Marrero Louisiana 70072, can please someone help us.