Furnace repairs as broke down recently

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Crisis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Furnace repairs as broke down recently

Post by Crisis »

Our furnace died and we just do not have the 3 to 4 thousand dollars to replace it. We make just a little too much money to qualify for LIHEAP and every program is based on their statistics. I tried registering yesterday morning and got and email that said my account needed to be activated but never received an email. I replied to the first email but not sure if anyone sees those.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Furnace repairs as broke down recently

Post by Admin »

LIHEAP wouldn't pay that type of money to repair or replace a furnace anyway. Did you try weatherization in Minnesota? That usually has a slightly higher dollar amount / grant associated with it. However it may not pay for repairs either, but worth a shot. Sometimes the income limits can be reset as well, so it is best to just call around. Here is the main information on the energy assistance program (EAP) in Minesota, so call them. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... izati.html
TigWoods

Post by TigWoods »

To Whom It May Concern:
I'm writing you on behalf of my father. Sir, in hopes of getting assistance with purchasing or financing a new air conditioning unit for his home as well as a furnace.
My father needs assistance with purchasing a new AC unit because the current unit is no longer working. I had a company come and check that unit and the outcome was that a new unit was needed. The lower estimated average that we have been quoted has been $5400 to $6000.
We've tried to qualify to be financed for a new Air Conditioning unit but it has continued to be declined. As you know, we live in Texas and it's going to be really hot here soon.
My father is a senior citizen as well as a disabled veteran from the U.S. Army. He is a retired civil service from Kelly AFB, and he also worked for NISD as a bus driver before he became ill and could no longer work that job.
The main reason that we really need assistance with replacing the AC is because my father is a diabetic as well as a heart patient. With the temperatures usually reaching beyond 100 degrees in San Antonio, the AC unit needs to be replaced immediately because my father cannot live in those conditions. Another reason is that in the summer the grandchildren are at my mother and father's home and all of the children have asthma, and the heat is not good for them either.
Please advise if your program is able to assist my father with the purchase of an AC unit or with assistance to finance a new AC unit.
We are in hopes that you are able to assist us as much as possible or at that you would least be able to provide us with as many contacts that will be able to fulfill our needs. Thank you in advance and have a blessed day!
Batman

Post by Batman »

Hello,
I am living with my sister, and I am about to move and they have a broken furnace and they only get hot water for 5 minutes at a time. The pellet stove isn't doing it, and they are behind on all their bills. There is a baby on the way and the New Year deductibles are killing them. They live in Sheffield MA. They need heat and it has been broken for more than a month. What can we do? Is there assistance for new furnaces, loans, etc. They are behind on utilities too. I unfortunately cannot help pay for anything.