Discounted utility bill plan

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Jeremiah1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Discounted utility bill plan

Post by Jeremiah1 »

Would like to know if I would qualify for a discounted rate on my electric bill. I live alone and my income at the most a year is around 24,000 that is on disability and a small pension. The electric company contacted me and told me that my current electric bill was going from 93.00 a month to 293.00 a month. I am already on a budget and this is what it is going to.
D14

Re: Discounted utility bill plan

Post by D14 »

I have tried every avenue that is possible! I lost my job a year ago and have applied to many jobs with no response. I am taking care of my elderly mother and 2 kids my daughter was in college but since I lost my job she had to drop out my son is 13 going to 8th grade. My sister got diagnosis with breast cancer 2 weeks ago had a double mastectomy and I'm taking care of her and I depleted my savings and my light and utility bill is do tomorrow. If I don't pay my family will be in the dark. I need some assistance, and please help me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Discounted utility bill plan

Post by Admin »

D14 wrote: I depleted my savings and my light and utility bill is do tomorrow. If I don't pay my family will be in the dark. I need some assistance, and please help me.
Yes, if you are about to have your lights turned off, there are some rules set by states to protect families with children. You should be able to benefit from those as well. There are several that require a company to give you adequate notice and time in order to get help, and locate the utility disconnection laws for your state.