Do I qualify for utility help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Superaging
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Do I qualify for utility help

Post by Superaging »

I am a 60 year old woman who is trying to get Disability Social Security and it might take up to 3-6 months before I find out anything. I have no job and my health is the reason I can't work any longer. My electric, water, sewage and gas bills are the main problem. I have to make sure they get paid on time. Please let me know if I qualify. Thank You.
TracMaz

Re: Do I qualify for utility help

Post by TracMaz »

Hello, I'm desperately in need of help paying my utility bill. It’s due tomorrow, final notice so probably shut off on 2/21/13. My boyfriend / roommate goes back to work tomorrow. I get paid $149 a month on Unemployment, he was denied for unemployment 3 weeks ago, and will not receive a pay check for 2 weeks which will be used for rent which will be 2 weeks late, hopefully not evicted. Until then my unemployment money will go to him for gas. He's going to drive to Bothel Washington. Can I qualify for anything here?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, you didn't leave much time to get help with your utility bill if it is due tomorrow. But there are some programs available for you in Washington state that help with utilities, energy bills, and heating costs. Some will prioritize the unemployed too. If you have a future paycheck coming be sure to communicate this when applying as it may help your cause. Find more Washington utility assistance.
EricFisher

Post by EricFisher »

We need help with our utility bill. We can't pay the large amount of bill. We need help this one time, so then we can continue pay for it, at this time we have no gas to cook with it was shut off 5 months ago, we would like to be able to cook our Thanksgiving dinner, but we might nit be able to do that this year. We lost our home 2 years ago and we seem to be having trouble get on our feet again. We really need the help. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Your gas/utilities were shut off 5 months ago? How much do you owe? As we doubt any agency could ever pay (or even be willing to consider) assisting with that much money. As you must be way in the hole. But you can try, and find a listing of utility and electric bill assistance programs to call upon.
EricFisher wrote:at this time we have no gas to cook with it was shut off 5 months ago