Please help electricity was shut off

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
patrick7979
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Please help electricity was shut off

Post by patrick7979 »

my electricity was shut off last night. Im was just laid off and Ipl wont turn it back on till the full amount of 535.00 is paid. I have nobody to turn to and since the bill is in my landlords name I cant get any kind of assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Please help electricity was shut off

Post by Admin »

Where Patrick? All assistance programs are state and/or county specific. While we wait for more information from you, get more details on programs by state. The list you will find there are financial assistance programs and grants that are offered directly from utility companies.
Chavez1

Post by Chavez1 »

I've been trying to get help for my mother she lives in Louisiana and I live in Oklahoma. She's been without electric for 2 months. I don't know how to help her. She's been eating sandwiches. She has no way to cook her a good healthy meal. She's got candles go all the time. It’s her only heat to keep her warm. She calls me crying all the time. She stays in bed because the house is so cold. I'm so worried she's going to get real sick. If there is anything you can do to help please call me.
ScottBander

Post by ScottBander »

Please we need help. Our bill is outstanding and we were scammed by someone we thought a friend. Two small children and a pregnant woman in the home. Our electricity and gas has been shut off, I’m at my wits end. The children wrote Santa clause a letter asking for electricity to come back on. The bill is so high I do not know if anyone will help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if you were scammed by a friend and your power was shut off, sue the friend. But that will take time. In the meantime, apply for LIHEAP, as that is a government program that may help you. But if the bill is too high, it will not cover the entire amount. You can combine LIHEAP with payment plans with your electric provider, apply at charities, etc.
ScottBander wrote:Please we need help. Our bill is outstanding and we were scammed by someone we thought a friend. Two small children and a pregnant woman in the home. Our electricity and gas has been shut off, I’m at my wits end. The children wrote Santa clause a letter asking for electricity to come back on. The bill is so high I do not know if anyone will help.