Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Southwest
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Veteran needs help with utility bills

Post by Southwest »

Hello,
I’m writing this letter to your office inquiring if you can give me some emergency help with my utility bills. I am a veteran and my only income is my veteran’s disability pension which has been reduced recently from the normal amount that I was receiving. My wife and I have been separated from two months and I had to notify the veteran’s affairs that we are no longer together which then lead to the reduction in my pension check. I really need help, and I am hoping that your office may be able to help or lead me to a place or agency that can help. I did reach the Valdosta LAMP program but I was told that they were not helping anyone at this time. Once you receive this letter I would appreciate if you could notify me either by phone or my email address.
Buddy1

Re: Veteran needs help with utility bills

Post by Buddy1 »

Dear Sirs:

I have applied for energy assistance and weatherization help quite some time ago. I am currently 100 % disabled and totally unable to leave the house at times because of my COPD. My house is drafty and my front porch badly needs some attention and is causing drafts throughout the house. New windows and doors are also badly needed. Just recently I have received a large electric bill and I need to apply for the Federal program HEAP. Does you agency assist with this? I am a veteran. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

that LIHEAP program is usually pretty effective at helping veterans and/or the disabled. Did you apply yet? We can't tell from your request. You may also want to look into weatherization, as that may be a better solution for those drafts you indicate. Also, try calling the VA department too. Or learn more on LIHEAP low income emergency asssitance.
Mccant

Post by Mccant »

I am a veteran and wonder if there are programs for veterans who need help with utilities. At present my water has been turned off and my phone and internet is scheduled to be shut off on Monday 5/18/2014.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Generally veterans have access to grants. They can be federal programs, such as the VA, or local utility companies that focus on service members. When applying for help, be sure to note on an application that you are in fact a veteran. Here are various personal grants to try for utility assistance.
Mccant wrote:I am a veteran and wonder if there are programs for veterans who need help with utilities. At present my water has been turned off and my phone and internet is scheduled to be shut off on Monday 5/18/2014.
Overnight

Post by Overnight »

Dear sir/madame
I learned about your program by the website my reason for writing you is about my water bill and utility bills. I fear having my services turned off by not being able to pay these bills. I live on a fixed income whereas I get a check once a month from the government which I also have a mortgage payment as well on a monthly basic.
I receives 1,215 dollar from the government. Being a widow of a veteran my monthly mortgage payment is $872.00 per month and I live alone. What kind of help can you offer me in paying my bills?
Right now I owes my utility company $108.53. I called them and I have until Friday to come up with the money to keep them from turning off my services. I am also a senior citizen of 62 year old, and my water company is Berkeley county water and sanitation located in Monks corner south Carolina. My electric company is Berkeley county. Please e-mail me and let me know if you can help me in paying this bill. Thank you for your time and concerns.