LIHEAP for medical condition

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Squaker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

LIHEAP for medical condition

Post by Squaker »

We signed up for the LIHEAP Program with our local Electric Company. Our services are about to be terminated. We need help. My Husband doesn't have but a few months to live. He has Liver Cancer that is inoperable and cannot be removed. He is on Chemotherapy. We do not have sufficient air or heat in our home that we are renting. Please, help if you can. My phone was cut off yesterday so in an Emergency I don't know what we are going to do. Right now we have Internet and that is about to be cut off also. Please help.
McKnight

Re: LIHEAP for medical condition

Post by McKnight »

My problem is my wife has severe asthma and we have been paying on our power bill. I don’t make a lot where work and my wife’s food stamps only go so far. I have to pay rent, gas for hot water and heat, lights and water and keep gas in the car to get to work and back. I also have to get things we need and buy food cause the food stamps just do not go very far. We made a payment on our lights and 3 days later they shut us off now our landlord says that having utilities shut off is considered abandonment. I don’t want my wife to be homeless but it looks like that's what is going to happen. My wife is also on Prilosec she has to take it everyday so she can eat. So there is another bill we have to pay. We are struggling so bad and it seems like it is getting worse instead of better, and LIHEAP is not available due to funding. If you can help us that would be great. We live in Peoria Illinois, we have called everybody and nobody will help us. Part of what is outstanding is her daughters bill, she got us kicked out of the home my wife loved and then she took it over and so 3 months of her bill went on our bill not sure how that happened. We spoke to the power company and there is nothing they can do (so they say). We definitely need some help.
RMM
anti spam: Blue

Post by RMM »

I need help paying for my gas bill to supply heat to my new apartment. I have applied for LIHEAP, however, I have been told that I need to come up with $300 and some odd dollars before LIHEAP will even begin to help me. I am currently unemployed, looking for employment, but have no current source of income whatsoever. I moved into my apartment at the end of October and have been without gas heat; my primary source of heat since then.
Jobless

Post by Jobless »

I live in Orlando I have been trying now for the past month and a half to try and get some assistance from Orange county LIHEAP and no one can help me make an appointment. Every time I go in person they tell me I have to call and make an appointment. Please e- mail me back and let me know what I should do before I send a letter to the Governor in Tallahassee and let him know what’s going on with all Liheap offices in Central Florida.