Laid off and electric bill shut off

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
tippermac

Laid off and electric bill shut off

Post by tippermac »

we are in need of immediate help. I just got laid off and my husband is working.We filed bankrupcty chaper 11 and we need immediate help with our elect. bill. It is 900.00. We made payment arrangements and we we couldn't afford that amt at the time. Our Elec. might get cut off Friday. Do you have any suggestions? No one will help us. They say we make too much money. We need help asap. Thanks
Stewards
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Laid off and electric bill shut off

Post by Stewards »

I really don’t know what to do this month. I have been trying to make my payments to my cable, APS electric bill, water, gas and rent. But they are high and full of late fees. I would appreciate if you can help me with just my utilities bills this month. I will figure a way to pay my rent. I don’t want to take advantage of this program or free help. I just don’t want to fail in my daughters eyes, especially after I lost my job. My bills are due at the end of this week. If you could help me with anything I would deeply appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. I live in El Paso Texas. Thank you and bless you.
Johnson19

Post by Johnson19 »

I am a single mother of three little kids. I just lost my job in beginning on December. I have been putting applications in. At everything I have seen around me, just no luck. I barely made it through this month. I have been trying to sell my household items, even my kid’s stuff, to try help out with my electric, no luck. I put my bill on a payment arrangement, and I didn’t even come up with money for that, nobody just has the money to let me borrow right now. I am getting desperate; I just don’t know what to do. My bill is now up to 500. Something, I’m trying I’m getting nowhere. If I do come up with a little money, I have to turn around put it back in gas tank of whoever is helping, and to feed my kids. Then I’m left right where I started. Please if there is anything you can send me to help me in my situation, any organization, agencies, anything, it will be very helpful. Thank you. I will be waiting for your email. And also my electric is to be turned off in a week. I don’t know what I and my kids will do after that. Thank you again.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why would you put cable into that? It is ridiculous. Cancel it. If you can't afford to keep your lights on in Texas and can't pay the bills, why in the world would you have cable. That is a want and not a need. So good luck getting a charity to help you when you tell them you want a part of the money to go so you can watch TV. Anyway, find some of the main Texas energy bill assistance programs.
follow

Post by follow »

Hi! I was wondering how I can get help with my Electric bill. It's needed one time due to some medical bills that had to be paid and a vehicle breaking down that I needed to get fixed, and then combine that with job lay off. Please feel free to contact me anytime. Thanks and God bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are a bunch of electric and other assistance programs in Michigan. There are a number to pick from, ranging from LIHEAP grants to programs from utility and gas companies themselves.