Need to turn on utilities

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Friend
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need to turn on utilities

Post by Friend »

MY friend just purchased a home and she can't get the lights turned on because of a bill of over 1,000. She has 2 small children what can she do ???
Griffin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need to turn on utilities

Post by Griffin »

Hello,
I am currently having issues with one of my old utility bills that went into collections 3 years ago. Jump River Electric has transferred my old bill that is in collections to my son's account and they expect us to pay this debt within a week or get our services terminated. Then we will just need to turn it back on.
I have tried numerous places, Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Protection and such to find out if this is legal. I am not a home owner, however I am on the lease and listed as living on the property. I need help in paying this debt - $1102 and have no money to pay it.
Any advice you can offer will be appreciated. I wish I could get a loan to pay off and consolidate my entire debt...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While each state is different, some will provide deposit help from LIHEAP. The community action agency in your town may be the best place for advice on the Jump River Electric and whether that program will help in your situation. However we highly doubt it would pay $1102...maybe it would give you a few hundred if LIHEAP is even an option for you. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
British

Post by British »

I need help getting utilities turned on! 3 years ago I had my son when he was 1 month old. I was systematically fired from my job because I was unaware of making a phone call. I got state cash assistance but that was $520 a month and my rent was $500 alone. Needless to say I couldn't pay my utilities.
I got heating assistance but $800 isn't much when your heating bill was over $200/month in the winter. We were safe until my son turned one then the following spring we were turned off and I was left with huge electric and gas bills I can't afford to pay. Now I owe a total of $3365.02 to both.
I moved in with a someone I thought was a friend but she used more for money. She never played her rent so now me and my son ate staying at families houses. It looks like I have help with the apartment but now need to be able put on utilities. I have a full time job and just need help getting a fresh start!
MICHELLE MARTINEZ

Post by MICHELLE MARTINEZ »

Hi, I am currently disabled and cannot work. My mother is disabled as well and cannot work. She and her youngest son which is 13 years old would be living with us. My mother and I are trying to get an apartment at Panama Commons in Panama City FL. We could afford to live there but, our application would be rejected because we owe old utility bills and need to turn on the power. I owe the power company $285.00 and she owes them $500.00 as well. She also owes an old water bill that we could never afford to pay. We have been living with people since 2009. We are facing at being homeless soon if we cannot get these old utilities paid. So, please if you can help us call me and if I do not answer please leave a message. If you cannot help us, please direct us in the right direction as well need utilities to move.
Thank you so much,