California

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
lesliaklendman

California

Post by lesliaklendman »

I live in CA and need help with paying electric bills Please send me money I beg you....
jMacdouglas1

Re: California

Post by jMacdouglas1 »

lesliaklendman wrote:I live in CA and need help with paying electric bills Please send me money I beg you....
Hi,
Call your utility company and ask them about the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) energy bill assistance program. This is an aid program that can provide cash and grants to help pay an utility bill.
C Boyd
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Post by C Boyd »

I have been without any electricity now for a good couple of months. I owe over $500 on PSE&G bill, it's already in collections. I also owe over $500 on my Cablevision bill, that's probably in collections as well. I need help. What can I do? I obviously don't care as much about Cable, as worse comes to worse I can use the library for computer and job seeking access. But I am really scared about my utility bill. What if they turn off my power, I will be in big trouble.
Rangers

Post by Rangers »

PG&E has shut our power off. We have 4 children under the age of 6 (one is 2 months old). My husband was finally able to obtain employment after 2 years of not being able to work. We have used salvation army about 6 months ago and they said today that they are not able to help us again. I contacted Kids First and they told me to go to Salvation Army. We owe almost $600 and PG&E told us we have to pay in full to get our power back on. I don't know what to do, please help.
Woddy

Post by Woddy »

Hello,
I am in desperate need of some assistance or support. I have an outstanding bill with LADWP in the amount of $992 and have told me my electrical will be shut off. I went into the office yesterday to give $100 towards my balance but them "cannot make payment arrangements" because I had a check returned. I understand this but times have been tough and I made almost half the amount last year as to what I made in 2011. I'm not looking for financial assistance really- just need to see how I can convince LADWP to allow me to make a payment plan that I will stick to. Please help...I have a family and they do not know about this. I can be reached at this email.
aura

Post by aura »

I have a $1400 past due Sacramento utility bill that I can't pay. I bought my house in May 2012. I have had 3 renters since then. Each one was in a difficult position in their life and I opens my door for them. They were to pay $300 a month which would have covered all utility bills. Each of them lived here and promised to pay me. I was taken advantage by all of them. I believed them when they would say” next month, I promise ill pay you next month, I’m trying to find work...
Mount Airy1

Post by Mount Airy1 »

Hi there,
I was wondering if you could help me find services or assistance with my utilities bills. I live in California and have services with Los Angeles water and power. I am receiving the low income discount and care discount for the gas. I am on food stamps and I am waiting on social security decision for my disability. It is not a lifeline disability as I am not qualified for that discount. Other household members; one is on unemployment ending this month and the other on SSI (senior citizen). We can barely afford the rent and with the house not being insulated and other energy issues the bill has reached such a high amount. I am afraid we will be shut off. I need help. Please help. I am already past due for both utilities bills.
Thank you for time,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If below is the case, then you probably qualify for Pasadena Power assistance programs. They can help insulate the house, maybe offer payment plans, and more. the details are on the website.
Mount Airy1 wrote: I am on food stamps and I am waiting on social security decision for my disability. It is not a lifeline disability as I am not qualified for that discount. Other household members; one is on unemployment ending this month and the other on SSI (senior citizen). We can barely afford the rent and with the house not being insulated and other energy issues the bill has reached such a high amount. I am afraid we will be shut off. I need help. Please help. I am already past due for both utilities bills.
Thank you for time,