Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Philly
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Any utility programs for single moms

Post by Philly »

To whom this may concern,
I have currently been cut on my hours from work. I have two children a one year old and a four year old. I am a single mother and I am struggling from day to day to make ends meet. My utilities have been turned off for two days now. I don't have anyone to help me nor do I have any family. I have called several churches and nobody has returned my call. CAC has informed me that they will be out of funds until July. My bill is 524.00 and I paid all that I had on it which was 50.00. If someone could please contact me at their earliest convenience. Thank you for your time and have a blessed day.
B Reserve

Re: Any utility programs for single moms

Post by B Reserve »

I am a single mother of 4 children. Two who live inside the home with me and two who live with their father whom I pay child support to. Even before my hours got cut at work i was only bringing $800 per month home after taxes and child support, now for the pass 3 months i only bring home $500 per month. My payment planned defaulted on my electric bill because I could not afford to meet the arrangements once i paid my rent. So now i have a disconnection amount of $2500. The electric company gave me a month extension to try to come up with the money because my son has asthma but every agency I been to don't have any money and the $50 a few had wont pledge until i come up with the rest. I don't know what to do i really need help.
Linden

Post by Linden »

I live in Ray City, Georgia which is Berrien county. I have scoured your web site looking for assistance programs that are available in my area for single moms. My provider is Colquitt Electric Membership Corporation. I am currently unemployed as I am awaiting a hearing for SSI/Disability. My father, who I live with, has worked as hard as he possibly can to pay our bill's with his income but with have 3 children living with her things have gotten behind. I need to find out how I can get assistance to pay my electric bill of $350.02. Any help will be greatlya ppreciated. Thank you for your time.
Hondat

Post by Hondat »

Hello ,
I requesting help to pay my LIPA bill. I received a termination for August 13th and only get 700 monthly from my sons SSI. I live in Nassau County, Long Island and need help urgently. Please let me know of organizations, agencies or charities that may be able to assist me. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have tons of information on utility assistance in Georgia, so hopefully you did not spend much time scouring the site. Now they may not focus just on single moms, but if you meet their qualifications you can receive financial help or discounts. Whether single or not. They do factor in the number of children you have in the home. Anyway, find our listing of Georgia energy bill programs. Learn more.
Sheena

Post by Sheena »

I'm a single parent of 2 wonderful kids. I have been looking for a job but the employment here is short. I need help with my power bill by June 3rd & desperately need help with Christmas for my children. I don't receive child support from my ex husband, my daughter's dad due to him being in jail and not have to pay child support and my sons dad left me 5 months pregnant and signed his rights away when he was 5 months old.

I'm trying to get my head above water and feel as if I can't catch my breath. Any help you can do or point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Not programs just focused on single moms. They need to apply for other assistance like everyone else. But Progress Energy does have several to try. They may give power bill assistance, and try charities for the other eneds you have.
Sheena wrote:I'm a single parent of 2 wonderful kids. I have been looking for a job but the employment here is short. I need help with my power bill by June 3rd & desperately need help with Christmas for my children. I don't receive child support from my ex husband, my daughter's dad due to him being in jail and not have to pay child support and my sons dad left me 5 months pregnant and signed his rights away when he was 5 months old.

I'm trying to get my head above water and feel as if I can't catch my breath. Any help you can do or point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration.