Emergency assistance power turned off

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
CharlestonS
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Emergency assistance power turned off

Post by CharlestonS »

PLEASE HELP!!!!!! EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE:: ::I live in Daytona Florida. Today at 10:30 my power was disconnected. I have 5 children that live at this address with me their ages are 3, 5, 8, 15, and 19. My husband is the only one that works I am a stay at home mom that home schools her kids. I can not pay my bill. It is about 1,000.00 and I have been paying on it each week. Its not much that I have been paying but I have been trying to pay them something. Usually it is about 100.00 to 150.00 that I have been trying to pay. I also live off of food stamps and only get about 300.00 a month. Yesterday I used that 300.00 to buy food and I can't afford to buy anymore, so I can't afford to have it ruined in my fridge. I have emailed Gulf Power and Florida Public Service Commission. I don't know where else to turn or who else to go to. I am at the end of my rope and not sure how much more I can take. I am looking for some assistance and hoping that you can help. Thank you in advance,
19Butterly

Re: Emergency assistance power turned off

Post by 19Butterly »

kinda living paycheck to paycheck with me and my partner. She is out of work now her boss took her off the school until her sight is fixed. I am behind because of Student Loans, high electricity bill and trying to get enough change to keep us going. I have been searching for other jobs and trying to get in school but nothing yet. Now i am taking more action by putting aside my stubborn ways to do what is needed by getting help.
Flutie

Post by Flutie »

Have you applied for programs such as LIHEAP? Usually this government aid can help low income in a crisis, which you are obviously in. It is available in Florida too. So this can maybe supplement the food stamps and other aid that you are getting now. Also for the food try a local food bank or pantry, as those are always a good idea too. Click here to get more information on LIHEAP and other utility assistance programs and resources in Florida. The Florida Public Service Commission is intimately involved in the program too, so good idea to try to contact them.
Papen

Post by Papen »

I am a 55 year old widow. I am unemployed due to a craniotomy to save my life. I have applied for SSI, but have not gotten it yet. I have survived by selling all my belongings to pay my bills, I have nothing else to sell and my power will be turned off on Friday May 25, 2014. If there is anyone out there that can help I would be eternally grateful!!! God Bless.
Grandstrand

Post by Grandstrand »

I'm sitting in our home in the dark, our power just got turned off because we were past due by $268.07. The reason we have been so behind is because for several months we were unemployed looking for jobs. My fiancé just got a job almost a month ago but he won't get a paycheck for two weeks. I'm at a loss that it's close to Christmas and our power is turned off. Is there any way we can get help? Our food is going to spoil in the fridge with no power and not able to cook. Please if we can be helped. :-(
Gomez

Post by Gomez »

My boyfriend just lost his job and we have the PG&E bill of $116. It's not to bad but honestly we also have a bill of $350 for a exterminator to come get rid of our bed bug problem where my kids were getting bitten. Then plus our rent which is $602 each month we won't have any money. I'm just afraid to end up homeless with my boys. If you can't help with our PG&E and our water which is $40. Please we would really appreciate it. God bless you.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

Hello, I was wondering if there is anything you can do to help me get my power turned back on? I was having difficulties for a while, still struggling some. Soon my ex will have power turned off here in his name and I have a daughter with asthma. The heat gets her bad and anxiety she has, but she is treated for both of these.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have a sick kid (with asthma) and it is imperative to keep your power on, then maybe try a church. Some have a little amount of money for a crisis situation. Maybe they can help pay a deposit for you. Find more information here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ance_.html
Barkley wrote:Soon my ex will have power turned off here in his name and I have a daughter with asthma.