Richmond Virginia Utility Bill Help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Mayflowr26
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Richmond Virginia Utility Bill Help

Post by Mayflowr26 »

My electeric has been turned off for two weeks now in Richmond VA and I'm having a hard time getting any asistance dss sta they will pay have but I will have to get other organizations to pay the rest I can't get in contact with anyone. The phone lines are always buisy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Assistance

Re: Richmond Virginia Utility Bill Help

Post by Assistance »

Here are a few programs for gas and utility bill aid in Rich Virginia. Virginia Natural Gas has EnergyShare program. Every year, beginning in January of each year, you can get help with energy bill and gas bill payments, and aid may be available if all other options and alternatives, such as government assistance, that are available through social services have been exhausted and used up.
Farfalle
anti spam: Blue

Post by Farfalle »

My niece stays in Parksley VA, in Accomack County and is in need with help paying her utility bill. She has five children and her utilities has been cut off. The temperature is very cold and they need help. I stay in North Carolina and am not financially able to pay her bill. Her bill was $400 (estimate).
To get it turned back on would cost a cut on fee plus next month's utility bill. She does have a husband in the house and right now she does not have any money. Virginia does not have in place the law where it is illegal to turn off heat in the winter. I would be grateful any assistance or advice on where she may obtain help in Virginia. Red Cross has helped in the past, but they can't help but once every 2 years. The children are ages 13, 12, 9, and twins 6 years old. The children need a warm house, the shelters are filled.
Kalesi

Post by Kalesi »

Hello, I need assistance with paying the electric bill. I have 2 disabled children and have a disconnection notice. I can pay part of it but not the entire $792.42. I would have been able to pay it but my son's SSI has been cut from $733.00 a month to $542.00 for the next 3 months. I was able to extend the electric until August 11, 2017. You can contact me Richmond, Virginia and don't know where else to turn for help with this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You can turn to the emergency assistance programs for Richmond. There are several that may assist with utility bills, including charities, churches, and of course HEAP in Virginia.
Kalesi wrote: You can contact me Richmond, Virginia and don't know where else to turn for help with this.