Water reconnection deposit

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Premier
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Water reconnection deposit

Post by Premier »

My husband and I own a 2 bedroom home in Canton, TX that we were using as a rental property while we were in another part of Texas on emergency family issues. Upon returning home, we discovered that the water meter had been removed by the Water Company due to non-payment by our tenants. Apparently, the tenants had also reconnected the water services after they had been disconnected at some point, which led to the arrest of the tenants for theft of services by the water company since the utility service is in his name. We have contacted the water company, and they are requiring a new membership fee since they revoked our water service in December. The total due is 3509.00 before we can resume water service at our property, and we do not have that kind of money. I am just wondering if there is any kind of assistance to help us either pay the deposit required to get the meter back and service restored, or to drill a water well perhaps.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Water reconnection deposit

Post by Admin »

Water bill assistance and deposits are not too common to get help for. But you can try. You should also try to sue those tenants/renters who caused the water company to remove your meter. We also have information on community action agencies and other potential non-profits in your region and Van Zandt County. Now call around, and maybe they have some money, and/or suggestions for you. Details can be found here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/van ... nty_a.html
Premier wrote:My husband and I own a 2 bedroom home in Canton, TX that we were using as a rental property while we were in another part of Texas on emergency family issues. Upon returning home, we discovered that the water meter had been removed by the Water Company due to non-payment by our tenants. Apparently, the tenants had also reconnected the water services after they had been disconnected at some point, which led to the arrest of the tenants for theft of services by the water company since the utility service is in his name. We have contacted the water company, and they are requiring a new membership fee since they revoked our water service in December. The total due is 3509.00 before we can resume water service at our property, and we do not have that kind of money. I am just wondering if there is any kind of assistance to help us either pay the deposit required to get the meter back and service restored, or to drill a water well perhaps.
Francine

Post by Francine »

My water got disconnected today and unless I pay 210$ that I don't have it won't eb turned back on ...my electric bill is another 700$ that I don't have and it will be shut off on Tuesday May 29, 2012 if I don't come up with the 700$ by then. I am a united states military veteran with 2 tours in Iraq under my belt and I have a family of 4 to support the youngest child in my house is 4 years old... I am frustrated and close to a nervous breakdown because I don't know what to do the water and electric companies wont budge on the amounts quoted and I have no money to give and all charities that we can't help us with the mentioned amounts due.
Wilbaum

Post by Wilbaum »

Hello. My family and I are in desperate need for assistance in paying our water deposit. We are moving into a house in Highland county Ohio. If you could give me any suggestions I would appreciate it so much. I did call our community action here and they informed me they did not receive funds for water. The deposit amount that they require here is $150. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Water deposit programs are very rare. Your best option in Highland County may be to call your local community action agency and ask for referrals. As you said, they do not have funds, but they should have suggestions. Read Ohio community action agencies.