How can I get help if my income is too high?

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Jimmysmith19a

How can I get help if my income is too high?

Post by Jimmysmith19a »

Many of these places require an income level. But mine is usually a little too high? What can I do then for electric and heating bill assistance
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: How can I get help if my income is too high?

Post by Admin »

Good question, and tough question. If your income is too high, not much you can do. I suggesst saving energy as the best means to het "help". You can easily save 10-40% on utility bills
discordmomma

Post by discordmomma »

I am 60 years old, and will be 61 in March. For the last year I have been disabled from a severe head, neck and back injury. I am using a electric heater to heat my house because of this disability and the electric bills have accumulated to over $500 and my income can't cover it. December I did not pay anything on the electric bill, although I thought I had, this has put me into a situation where the electric company is going to shut the electricity off on Monday March 31, 2012. Even though I have a appointment with energy assistance on Feb 23, 2012 and was assured that there would be funding for my past due bill, Consumer Power will not wait for that appointment without a guarantee that the money will be paid. The energy assistance program has told me they cannot issue a voucher until I have had my appointment on the 23rd. Consumer Power charged me $25.00 today for coming out, and gave a notice that they will charge another $125.00 on top of that, plus they will then want a deposit, even though I have lived here since 1976. This will bring the bill up to over $700. and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. The electric company is closed tomorrow so nothing can be done until Monday. I do not get my social security check until the 3rd of the month and I get $740. at that time. I have no other income or way to make any money because of my disability. I will call around tomorrow to try to find help to pay this, but I am not sure that Consumer Power will accept anything but the entire amount, or guarantee of that. It seems like they are just going to shut it off no matter what arrangements I thought I had made and I am at a loss right now as to what to do. Thank you for any help or information you can give me on this matter.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Most utility companies do provide assistance, but there must be an end in sight. That is why they are probably asking what they are...and need that guarantee on the bills. Work with the Consumer Power electric company and also check with other local non-profits and charities. We have many listed. Are you receiving any funds from disability insurance? But sure to look into that option too. And in the meantime find more Mississippi utility assistance programs and services for the low income and disabled too. Maybe they can but you on a plan until you get that social security check too.
discordmomma wrote:I am 60 years old, and will be 61 in March. For the last year I have been disabled from a severe head, neck and back injury. I am using a electric heater to heat my house because of this disability and the electric bills have accumulated to over $500 and my income can't cover it. December I did not pay anything on the electric bill, although I thought I had, this has put me into a situation where the electric company is going to shut the electricity off on Monday March 31, 2012. Even though I have a appointment with energy assistance on Feb 23, 2012 and was assured that there would be funding for my past due bill, Consumer Power will not wait for that appointment without a guarantee that the money will be paid. The energy assistance program has told me they cannot issue a voucher until I have had my appointment on the 23rd. Consumer Power charged me $25.00 today for coming out, and gave a notice that they will charge another $125.00 on top of that, plus they will then want a deposit, even though I have lived here since 1976. This will bring the bill up to over $700. and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. The electric company is closed tomorrow so nothing can be done until Monday. I do not get my social security check until the 3rd of the month and I get $740. at that time. I have no other income or way to make any money because of my disability. I will call around tomorrow to try to find help to pay this, but I am not sure that Consumer Power will accept anything but the entire amount, or guarantee of that. It seems like they are just going to shut it off no matter what arrangements I thought I had made and I am at a loss right now as to what to do. Thank you for any help or information you can give me on this matter.