Electric Utility bill aid Illinois

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
jhstraus
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Electric Utility bill aid Illinois

Post by jhstraus »

I am Looking for Energy( gas and Electric) assistance Help. My Husbands income has dropped to a gross pay of $400.00 a week Minus taxes and our bankruptcy (filed due to a Home forclosure)of $335.00 a week. We have a Family of 4.
My Husband is out of work on a Disibility for a second time in a month and a half for health problems he is not due to return to work for another 2-3 weeks, due to haveing surgery.
He also has to sleep with a CPAP Machine because of Sleep apnea. Our Power and Gas is soon to be shut off due to unable to pay. We have contact many places for help but have not been able to speak to anyone. We have not been running our Heat or Air to try to lower our bills. For a few days, after tues our phone Number will no longer be available Since we will be shutting of our home phone service. . Not sure how long the cell phones Will be active even though they are pay as you phones. We can not even by grocerys, since our take home pay is 70.91 a week.
If anyone can Help us Please let us know ASAP. Cahokia, IL 62206
Assistance

Re: Electric Utility bill aid Illinois

Post by Assistance »

In Illinois, try the Good Samaritan Initiative for utility assistance. What it does is it helps people get their electric service turned back on and restored, and people need to pay just 20 percent or $250 of their remaining utility bill balance. Almost all electric and gas companies offer this program.
Direct1
anti spam: Blue

Post by Direct1 »

I was asking because my mom needs assistance paying her electric bill in Chicago Illinois. She is only receiving her pension and she did not qualify for unemployment. She is a seasonal worker and stopped working back in late March or early April and she usually opened her unemployment in June but this time she didn't qualify and the person we talked to told us she did not meet the requirements because she stopped working 6 months ago.
That you guys just help people who just lost their jobs or had a big expense or medical bills. She told them she was unable to pay her utility bill because she had to make her house payment and the lady said that didn't qualify. She spoke to APS they gave her an extension on the shut off date and some forms to help her reduce her utility bill but it will take 30 days for that to go through.
Flow

Post by Flow »

Hello, my family and I are having quiet the struggle the past couple months. My son was born May 5th, has now been in the NICU for over two months. Balancing bills, having the gas money to go visit him, while raising a five year old making sure she has everything she needs has been more than a struggle this past month.
Our electric bill is due on the 28th. We have no way of paying this, only because my boyfriend’s boss went to Canada for two weeks and in that time frame he received no pay. My boyfriend is a roofer. I work for the newspaper for Chicago IL, but I am on maternity leave at the moment. Our electric bill is $238 this month. Any help would be wonderful. We will be turned off because we are renting from my boyfriend’s father and he already made a deal with the company because his father was late in the past. If turned off we will owe $600 on top of the $238. Never thought I'd have to write a letter asking for help. Thank you.
Chipper

Post by Chipper »

Hello,
I just talked with my niece who lives in Rock City, IL. She is low-income and has 3 children. I was appalled to find out that LIHEAP does not cover LP heating costs. Is this true? If so, what alternatives are available for electric bills to people who live in the country? She has no email and so I am serving as proxy for her.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What is LP? Not sure what that means. But whatever the agency told you is true...we can't contradict them.
But find many other Illinois utility assistance programs. Maybe they can help your niece get the support she needs...even options like payment plans, etc.
Chipper wrote:Hello,
I just talked with my niece who lives in Rock City, IL. She is low-income and has 3 children. I was appalled to find out that LIHEAP does not cover LP heating costs. Is this true? If so, what alternatives are available for electric bills to people who live in the country? She has no email and so I am serving as proxy for her.