Pennsylvania electric bill help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
sndrmcbrd
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Pennsylvania electric bill help

Post by sndrmcbrd »

I need to give my Electric Company $300.00 dollars by 3:00 today. Is there anyone who can help? I live in PA
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Pennsylvania electric bill help

Post by Admin »

sndrmcbrd wrote:I need to give my Electric Company $300.00 dollars by 3:00 today. Is there anyone who can help? I live in PA

Kind of short notice, but try the Dollar Energy Hardship Fund. Also known as the $1 Energy Fund, Inc. provides emergency energy bill aid to Pennsylvania familes
MBJ

Post by MBJ »

I had a question about an unpaid electric bill of $1100.00. I wanted some advice on how to handle this situation. We have been now renting from my landlord in Pennsylvania for 3yrs now and our gas heating system had broken in the winter of 04/2012 it is currently still broken until this day so in order to heat our house we were forced to use electric heaters all winter. Then we were being charged $259.00 a month what we thought was a little strange because we live in a duplex and come to find out we were being over charged because the meter was giving out false reading it was giving out estimated readings. The landlord never fixed the system. So the electric company put our account on hold until they were able to fix the problem and back date the bills, but when it was recalculated the bill totaled $900. I wanted to know if there was any possible fix or solution for this problem.
Thanks for your time!
follow

Post by follow »

I'm living in my fathers home he's shutting of Pen Ed and we need a deposit to put in our name we can explain why need help paying my water and electric bill both are past due and i do not have a job i need help asap i have 4 kids please help. We need the power for our kids and my dad who is getting older. What can we do right now.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Pen Ed, the utility company? Well ,water bill assistance is rare, and you most be using a different company as they don't offer that service. Also many companies don't help pay deposits. Usually financial aid is only offered to people who are on the way to self-sufficiency, meaning they have a job. So you have all that going against you. but maybe there are some options, as the state of Pennsylvania and the federal government may offer support. Anyway, read more details on Pennsylvania utility programs.
tania1

Post by tania1 »

Hello,
I live in Philadelphia. I became disabled in August, 2013. I had no money to pay my gas or electric bill. I did qualify for a LIHEAP grant, which paid some of the balance. I have not had gas for almost 6 months. I have qualified for Long Term Disability Insurance from a policy I bought a few years back. I have applied for SSDI and Medicaid as well.
I called the gas company to see how much it will take to turn my gas back on. Right now my bank account is 147.00 in the hole. I get food stamps every month 200.00 If it wasn't for that I would not eat. My land lord has been very understanding, lucky me, regarding the rent. I would send what I could every few weeks. Right now I am 2 months in the hole with that.
Is there any more help I can get?
I am 65years old, 100 percent disabled
I live alone.
Thank you so much for what you do for others.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a program for emergency utility bills in Philadelphia. It can even help people that apply for LIHEAP, so it sounds like it may be an option for you. If you are disabled then maybe priority will be given to you as well. Applications are processed by centers across the city, and get more details here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... gency.html
Ptbull11

Post by Ptbull11 »

I need information on programs that can help with assistance with my PECO bill. I have three small children living in my home which I provide for on my own and sometimes after doing whats needed for them I don’t have money left for my electric bill. my electric has been cut off around three or four times this year. but I am so far behind on the bill I am not sure if I will be able to catch up without them shutting off my electric again. I would truly appreciate if someone could provide me with information on places and programs that would be able to help me with this issue. Thanks and have a nice day.
Riggins

Post by Riggins »

I live in the Delaware county area of Pennsylvania and I’m currently completely out of home heating oil. I have a 7 month old in the household and my house is below 40°. I’ve contacted many agencies/local charities for help to no avail. I have already applied and used LIHEAP/crisis benefits. If you know of a program or agency which can help please pass along the info. I don’t care if I have to suffer in this cold but my son shouldn't have to freeze because I cannot afford the outrageous oil prices to heat my home. Feel free to contact me via email or by phone. Thank you.
Stubaker

Post by Stubaker »

Hello,
I have been calling your toll free number for a few days now. I am on your call back list. But no call back yet. I am sure you have many people in need with their bills. I live in Lawrence County, Perry Township, Pennsylvania north of Pittsburgh PA. (near new castle and Ellwood city PA.)
I am on Social Sec Disability with an income of 837.00 a month that I can prove. I have a shut off notice from Penn Power for $263.00 that will happen on the 11th of May. Which I can also prove and have gotten a 10 day extension on it. Because it was due on the first. It an un-ending battle with this company. I have PCAP threw Penn power and now LIHEAP has helped me and I have made payments to get this bill down. These winter months have taken a toll on all of us and this bill, I have full electric no other heating source. So could someone please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

there are several electric and energy bill programs in Lawrence County as well as the state of Pennsylvania. read more.
If your income is only $837 though, how can you ever afford to live on your own and pay future Penn Power bills? Does not make sense. You need a job and/or higher income.
Stubaker wrote: I have a shut off notice from Penn Power for $263.00 that will happen on the 11th of May. Which I can also prove and have gotten a 10 day extension on it. Because it was due on the first.
Lorde

Post by Lorde »

Hello, My name is Robert. I don’t know if this is going to the right place. I am a proud man and do not like to ask for help unless I’m in dire need. I live in Manchester PA, York County with my two sons. Just recently we lost my daughter to cancer we were on top of our bills until our daughter got sick. We wasn’t working so we could spend time with our daughter and that put us in a financial bind. I am back to work and got a notice that they were going to turn off our electric. We were on a payment plan but it got tough that we couldn’t even afford that. I called the electric company and they said we can’t get put on another payment plan until this one is paid up. It is 170 and I cannot afford that at all. Our electric is due to be shut off Monday May 8th and I am desperate. If you could please help with my electric bill in Pennsylvania that would be great. Any little bit helps.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is the LIHEAP program in Pennsylvania, including crisis grants. Those may help you Robert and the applications are often approved with a matter of a few business days. Learn more on LIHEAP is PA.
Lorde wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:45 pm Hello, My name is Robert. I don’t know if this is going to the right place. I am a proud man and do not like to ask for help unless I’m in dire need. I live in Manchester PA, York County with my two sons.