Social security can't pay heating bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
JohnChandler
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Social security can't pay heating bills

Post by JohnChandler »

I am senior citizen and was giving one month help with my heat. The oil company that service me raise the price giving me less oil to make up the difference in the money that was allow to them. My granddaughter lives with me. I was all so giving citico one time. I still of 2 more month in which I need oil and the prices is still going up. My budget revolves around my social security and I have no stocks. Can you make any suggestion to where I may get assistance with the fuel cost and prices.
Thanks for all you can do.
bluegourami3

Re: Social security can't pay heating bills

Post by bluegourami3 »

Check with organizations like Catholic Churches, Salvation Army and other church organizations. You don't have to be catholic to receive help. Some of these have a LIHEAP program; which is low income heating energy assistance program. Hope this helps.
Allied1
anti spam: Blue

Post by Allied1 »

I need help with my electric bill and my heating oil. My husband was sick in August and spent a week in a half in the hospital. He is unable to work do to he’s getting treatments for chemo he has diabetes and is anemic. He gets SS check and I work part-time sometimes on weekends. I try to find odd jobs were sitting here right now with no heat except for the heaters it’s a big house we rent. I don’t even have my rent right now since July we been trying to not become homeless were not eligible for medicate or food stamps and he has to eat certain foods. He stays in the room with the heater because it gets so cold his chin and lips turn blue. I don’t know what else to do I try contacting PSEG. I try contacting the news stations several time and I can’t get any answer.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Does your husband have an official medical condition. Many energy companies are more willing to help out if you have proof of that. PSEG in New Jersey dues offer financial assistance, payment plans, and other aid. Or call places like heating oil networks for discounted fuel. If your income is low enough and stopped because of hospital stay, are you just waiting for government to approve the public assistance or is your income still too high. Regardless here are some options from PS&G for you to explore. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_pr.html
FreddieMac2

Post by FreddieMac2 »

I need more heat for my household---I have disabled brother and myself have health problems. We got a air conditioner unit threw community action and it has propane/butane hook up but I can't afford the tank and lines run so we try with little heaters but it is to larger of trailer and I can't afford to keep replacing the heaters. Is there any help to receive a butane/propane tank and install lines? SSI is not covering one for us either. If not is there anyway to get more heaters for my household?
Gloriana

Post by Gloriana »

Hello. I am inquiring about assistance for paying a utility bill. The situation is a bit difficult and is for my mother. My mother, is 56 years old, receives a limited social security income that is well below the poverty line and is currently living at my brother's house (sleeping on her couch.) She had applied to subsided and elderly housing and received a call back from a place located in Northampton, Massachusetts.
She has spoken to the landlord at the site. They had told her she could reside there, which is subsidized BUT she needs to pay a five year old utility bill from her prior residence in Waltham, Massachusetts. The Bill is $604. I have called everywhere and everyone who offers assistance, not no one could offer help. I don't know who else to contact therefore any information will be greatly appreciated and helpful.
aura

Post by aura »

I have 3 children and I am a single mother and I am trying to support me and my children on my own. I have no heat and I am needing it for my children. I have tried to get it turned on but they said I have to wait 7 days and I have to pay a reconnect fee. I don't have the money for the reconnect fee, I only get my daughters social security SSI each month and that is only $721 and by the time I pay my other bills and buy things for my house I am broke. I have a 10 year old and a 5 year old and a soon to be 5 month old, if I can get some assistance from social security it would be appreciated.
Baldwin

Post by Baldwin »

An appeal for Social Security no income. Behind on heating bill and a little rent to the point of being served with an eviction.
Need help with PG&E, just to get caught up. I'm in the process of applying for HEAP, again.
Please phone us for heating bill help.
Need help now!!! Need to satisfy debts to have roof over my head, and my daughter's head. Will win case with Social Security. They are saying I have funds I don't have how to show spend down and have court date June 2. With attorney we will win, my attorney.
But need help NOW!!!!