LIHEAP grant

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Pintos
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

LIHEAP grant

Post by Pintos »

Hello,
I was under the impression that a Liheap grant would help pay for my energy bills as stated on your site "through winter and summer months". My oil company, Aero Energy received the $100 from you but will not apply it to my monthly budget payments. Instead they say it is their policy to just add it to the end running total. This has caused me to run low on oil and have hold placed on my account simply because I am "$100" short on one budget payment. My balance is actually + $28.00 credit so they referred me to the crisis line which will probably just make them deliver anyway. I find this unfair and would like you to inform them that the $100 cash is just that. A $100 cash payment to help me stay current. I feel they should accept it as if it was payment from me towards my current bills and not my balance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: LIHEAP grant

Post by Admin »

What you should do is call the agency you applied at for LIHEAP. Maybe your local community action agency or social services. Our site has general information, and the specifics of many programs and assistance programs vary by state, applicants income level, and many other conditions and criteria. Anyway, here is some more general information on LIHEAP. Anyone should always read the fine print before signing up for anything.
Pintos wrote:Hello,
I was under the impression that a Liheap grant would help pay for my energy bills as stated on your site "through winter and summer months". My oil company, Aero Energy received the $100 from you but will not apply it to my monthly budget payments. Instead they say it is their policy to just add it to the end running total. This has caused me to run low on oil and have hold placed on my account simply because I am "$100" short on one budget payment. My balance is actually + $28.00 credit so they referred me to the crisis line which will probably just make them deliver anyway. I find this unfair and would like you to inform them that the $100 cash is just that. A $100 cash payment to help me stay current. I feel they should accept it as if it was payment from me towards my current bills and not my balance.
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

Hello,
I have called churches, tried to get assistance from community assistance who won't help me unless I can get a copy of denial letters from my application a few months ago for Maryland Energy Assistance Program and Electric Universal Service Program in Maryland. I am soooooooo sick of calling Department of Social Services and leaving
a message for nothing because they won't call me back. How do I apply for LIHEAP, and can someone help. 1 person, 1 house, 1 paycheck equals not enough money.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You do need to keep calling. We also recommend driving to your local office, as harder to be ignored in face to face conversation. Also try your local community action agency, as they my be able to accept LIHEAP applications. Find extensive information on all of your options and assistance programs here, at Maryland utilities.
Lisbon wrote:Hello,
I have called churches, tried to get assistance from community assistance who won't help me unless I can get a copy of denial letters from my application a few months ago for Maryland Energy Assistance Program and Electric Universal Service Program in Maryland. I am soooooooo sick of calling Department of Social Services and leaving
a message for nothing because they won't call me back. How do I apply for LIHEAP, and can someone help. 1 person, 1 house, 1 paycheck equals not enough money.
Soccerlover

Post by Soccerlover »

Please be advised my brother whom has 4 children has been told by LIHEAP/Lee County Human Services that he qualifies for electric assistance "on his ready to be cut off electricity bill." However, I have been with him the last 2 Fridays (including this one that just past, OCtober 28th) where he begins to call at 7:57a and either it is busy OR when someone picks up, your personnel have hung up on him. He only needs an appointment as he is in a crisis. If someone can please try to assist him and his children, he can be reached at this email and ask for him. That is the least I can do. Thank you for your attention.
Ashley Redd

Post by Ashley Redd »

I am a single mom of three trying to get on my feet. After the storm I realized I am running out of fuel. I contacted my local social services dept to try and obtain HEAP. I was told that it was not open and they couldn’t help. I have a four year old daughter and was wondering if you knew of any way I can receive help getting fuel to keep my child warm. I will not make it until the heap opens up her in Putnam County NY. The people here are rude and do not like to do their jobs, they always give you the run around or send you to someone else. If there is any possible way you can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. I never realized fuel had gotten so low after Hurricane Sandy because we lost power for six days. Now I really need help I rent and do not want to ruin the furnace. So if you can get back to me ASAP it would really appreciate it.
Fancyone

Post by Fancyone »

Dear Folks

Thanks ahead of time for your help! I've been looking over the needhelppayingbills site, and it takes me in circles, with no real direct help--but maybe I am missing out on the right link? Can you provide any details or #s on what and who to call about getting rent and/or utilities help? I used to get HEAP help with utilities in my Hollywood apartment, but then the HEAP stopped for two years in Hollywood. Apparently it started back up for all areas, but then the HEAP Hollywood link is blocked or not in service, despite what all the other neighborhoods. I've called the HEAP Hollywood for 3 years now with nobody ever calling back. ANYWAY, I'd love to hear about any links to any assistance to help pay utilities or offer small amounts to help with rent. Thanks and God Bless!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Lee County residents can apply for the state of Florida LIHEAP program. It even has a component that can help pay cooling and air conditioning bills. The best place to call is your local social service office or community action agency. The application process is extensive, and you will need to meet income requirements, but LIHEAP just may be able to provide you that grant you need. Read Florida LIHEAP assistance.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

My power bill is in my name, in Carrollton County Georgia. I no longer live at the house but my ex-husband and my 2 year old son do. My ex has been paying for everything that my son needs but the power was disconnected this morning and they've had to throw out an entire food supply. Is there any way to get LIHEAP grant assistance to this location so that my son has power and possibly food? The address is Waco, Georgia, 30182.