indiana we have no electric at all

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
dragonsworld
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

indiana we have no electric at all

Post by dragonsworld »

please help we don't know where to turn. we live in indiana, and lost everything we had food wise twice (once because of the storm, and the second time because they shut our electric off). they shut our electric off march 16th, and we still have none, and it could be anywhere up to 2 more months (if not more) that we won't have any. the bill is right at $700.00 which $320.00 of it is a deposit, and a $25.00 reconnection fee. we literally have no electric at all, no hot water, no heat other than a kerosene heater (which with kerosene at $3.69 a gallon we use as little as we have to), and very little food. please help us. we have been a customer of this electric company for over 6 years with no problem until now. but it doesn't matter to them. you can email us at: boa@rock.com

thank you. :(
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: indiana we have no electric at all

Post by Admin »

dragonsworld wrote:please help we don't know where to turn. we live in indiana, and lost everything we had food wise twice (once because of the storm, and the second time because they shut our electric off). they shut our electric off march 16th, and we still have none, and it could be anywhere up to 2 more months (if not more) that we won't have any. the bill is right at $700.00 which $320.00 of it is a deposit, and a $25.00 reconnection fee. we literally have no electric at all, no hot water, no heat other than a kerosene heater (which with kerosene at $3.69 a gallon we use as little as we have to), and very little food. please help us. we have been a customer of this electric company for over 6 years with no problem until now. but it doesn't matter to them. you can email us at: boa@rock.com

thank you. :(
You have several options. Try the "poor relief" program in Indiana as mandated by state law. Many utility companies offer operation roundup, which helps with a wide variety of utility bills. Also try Universal Service Program in Indiana. It is an LIHEAP emergency energy crisis program that will help you save, and LIHEAP can get your power turned back on.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
ingridtolf

Indiana assistance with light bills

Post by ingridtolf »

hi my names is rebecca in in need of somehelp to pay my light bill i had no gas thes past winter so i used electric heaters and in about to be shut off on mon the 20 if you can or know how to get help really needed thank you so much im from idiana
MaryJane

Post by MaryJane »

My husband’s work has been very up and down. His checks especially this month have been next to nothing from his job in Indianapolis Indiana. I have an electric bill that is $402 that is on extension that is due tomorrow, also have my rent due on the 1st on Wednesday. If my electric gets shut off, it will be around a $1,000 to get back on with fees and the current bill. My rent comes out ACH, and if it doesn't clear I will have a $30 a day fee and NSF fees, etc. The extra amount will be at least $200 more, my rent is already $946. If at all possible you could help, I would greatly appreciate it. We have never asked for help before, but we are in dire need. Thank you.
Speculative

Post by Speculative »

I need help. I had done applied at the local agency and was treated very badly by the energy assistance program at SIEOC in Aurora, Indiana. I am needing info to file a complaint on this agency, I am taking care of my two grandchildren one which has special needs. They also gave me false information about turning electric on, as I had found out afterwards they informed me they don't do furnace repair under the EAP or LIHEAP programs and have since been informed that is false. Could I please get the contact info for the main office on this program. Thank you?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Well, the EAP may pay for furnace repairs...if you qualify and have a proven need. The agencies, including SIEOC, also need to have funding offered. But try them, and there are details here on the Indiana EAP program.
Speculative wrote:I need help. I had done applied at the local agency and was treated very badly by the energy assistance program at SIEOC in Aurora, Indiana. I am needing info to file a complaint on this agency, I am taking care of my two grandchildren one which has special needs. They also gave me false information about turning electric on, as I had found out afterwards they informed me they don't do furnace repair under the EAP or LIHEAP programs and have since been informed that is false. Could I please get the contact info for the main office on this program. Thank you?