how to get help with electric bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
ourlaststraw
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

how to get help with electric bill

Post by ourlaststraw »

I am trying to find ways to help my kids get some assistance. We are desperate at this point. We have been paying all their bills since daughter-in-law was hurt on the job in June. She is in the middle of a Workers Comp situation but is receiving NO money. We have exhausted what we have, and now can barely pay our own bills. Their electric will be turned off in a few days if they don't get bill paid. Rent is due next week and we won't even have all of that. Most agencies are telling the kids they have no help available right now. They have 4 little children. Who else can help?? We need ideas in the worst way. Hopefully this financial situation is temporary as the Workers Comp case should go to court fairly soon.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: how to get help with electric bill

Post by Admin »

What state? We have information on various assistance programs offered by almost every utility company in the United States. It lists the programs they run themselves, as well as information on charities and non-profits that work directly with utility companies. Find the list of assistance with energy bills. Select the state from midway down the page, and start calling around for help and apply to programs. Also continue to explore the main site of needhelppayingbills
ourlaststraw wrote:I am trying to find ways to help my kids get some assistance. We are desperate at this point. We have been paying all their bills since daughter-in-law was hurt on the job in June. She is in the middle of a Workers Comp situation but is receiving NO money. We have exhausted what we have, and now can barely pay our own bills. Their electric will be turned off in a few days if they don't get bill paid. Rent is due next week and we won't even have all of that. Most agencies are telling the kids they have no help available right now. They have 4 little children. Who else can help?? We need ideas in the worst way. Hopefully this financial situation is temporary as the Workers Comp case should go to court fairly soon.
Beamer

Post by Beamer »

I am desperate to find some help dealing with my Excel Energy bill. I have tried to set up a payment plan I can afford and was denied and told I would have to pay 675.00 a month for the next 11 months. I am a divorced mom of 3 in which I have custody of both and they live with me, my daughter full time and my son 50% of the time. My other child is with the dad. I work full time and receive no child support for either of my three children. My ex husband and I divorced 2 years ago and eventuality the outstanding energy bill of over $3000.00 was not paid in our divorce agreement. The energy bill was put into my name by him when he moved out of our home.

I recently in May 2012 moved into a townhouse in Twin Cities, MN in January. I received my 1st bill and was over 3000.00. I immediately called devastated and have been trying to work with Emergency Assistance & Lakes & Pines in Chisago County to try and get some relief to set up a affordable payment plan on the electric account. I was denied assistance by both as I worked overtime January, February & March and was over income guide. Emergency Assistance stated I had not paid 60% of utilities and would not help either. I just received my first bill in July to show what my current usage is and with my housing expenses could have budgeted my monthly bill with potentially 100-200.00 additional. I was told by Excel Energy this was not an option for me that I would have to pay (including my current months bill) $675.00 a month total for the next 11 months. I am desperate to try to come to a resolution with the energy company, they told me I will be disconnected today 5/21/13. My landlord spoke with them and now told her I had to pay NO LESS than $3000.00 to keep my service on. I am not in a position with a nasty divorce and ex husband who destroyed my credit to get a loan of any kind. I live pay check to pay check and my rent is $1150.00 a month which I pay on my own. I was reading on LIHEAP site that if I understand correctly? If I offered 10% of my income the energy company should work with me? Under the circumstances of this situation I am trying to come to a resolution with Excel. My children will be devastated with a utility shut off. We need your help! My family needs some sort of resolution, if my utilities get shut off I would have to move and break my lease. I am very frightened and worried, enough so I can't sleep. Please help me. I had to take off work early to go to Salvation Army in Minneapolis to try and get someone to call and get an extension until Friday which is my pay date. I was unable to get a return call from the Maplewood Office at the end of business yesterday.
jerebty

Post by jerebty »

I am 31 and my husband is 31. We have 2 girls 6 and 8 and we rent a house In Idaho for 750 at month. We have a lot of bills to pay like everyone else but the past 2 months my husband tied to star his own business but sadly it didn't work in that’s where are money went. Now we been only paying rent be because that’s the only thing we can really pay. Today is the 3rd day with no electricity in how all this is going we have no idea when we will have enough money to pay that. So I am hopping by me sending this email help will come are way. No so much for me or my husband but for my girls. Thank you so much for reading this.
Swifter1

Post by Swifter1 »

I was needing assistance on my electric bill. I am going to be shut off on the 14th. I owe 494.00 dollars left. I paid 200.00 and I am disabled and need my electric. My electric company is White River Valley Electric coop in Ava Missouri.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try some of the state of Missouri energy programs. There are several to apply at, as we note on the site. But owing $494 is a lot of money. Also look into LIHEAP. So here are the Missouri energy bill assistance programs.