HELP PLEASE!! POWER BILL

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
nbrown00
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

HELP PLEASE!! POWER BILL

Post by nbrown00 »

hello, i am a single father just getting back to work this week. i have a 15 yr old daughter and my power bill has a shut off notice as of today was the shut off date. i have tried all of the resorces they offer and nobody can help , they all say they are out of funds or not accepting apps till after january.i have even tried family.been trying to sell things to pay them and no luck yet. i have exhausted my extension also. can anybody give some advise? i can live a few days or so without power but not without my heat its ran from power and also my water heater. thank you for any kind of advise or help in advance. NOT ASKING FOR FREEBIE, EVEN IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME JUST TO GET ANOTHER EXTENSION..
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: HELP PLEASE!! POWER BILL

Post by Admin »

What state? we always need that information. Try calling your power company and ask for a payment plan. Find a listing of energy assistance programs here. These are specific to individual energy companies. Call local Salvation Army or Catholic Charity. Look into LIHEAP. Many agencies do prioritize aid for people with children or seniors, so be sure to mention you do have a daughter.
nbrown00 wrote:hello, i am a single father just getting back to work this week. i have a 15 yr old daughter and my power bill has a shut off notice as of today was the shut off date. i have tried all of the resorces they offer and nobody can help , they all say they are out of funds or not accepting apps till after january.i have even tried family.been trying to sell things to pay them and no luck yet. i have exhausted my extension also. can anybody give some advise? i can live a few days or so without power but not without my heat its ran from power and also my water heater. thank you for any kind of advise or help in advance. NOT ASKING FOR FREEBIE, EVEN IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME JUST TO GET ANOTHER EXTENSION..
nbrown00

Post by nbrown00 »

Thank you for the info. im in virginia.i have tried everyone so far but lheap i will look them up. thanks again for the reply!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are more local agencies and programs to call in Virginia.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/vir ... grams.html
Also feel free to select your county and city which is on the page as well, and those would be the most local resources for you.
nbrown00 wrote:Thank you for the info. im in virginia.i have tried everyone so far but lheap i will look them up. thanks again for the reply!!!
nbrown00

Post by nbrown00 »

well im still getting the same answer , everybody is outta funds, but i did get an extension till the 28th not alot but anything helps! the prayers help!!
PSNC1

Post by PSNC1 »

I was visiting your website and seen your email to ask about assistance. I am a single mom of 2 kids and really need help in finding aid in help paying for my bills such as power bills and rent. I am going thru a divorce and recently lost my job and am in desperate need of assistance. i do receive food stamps but need extra help in paying bills. I would like help on how to get government grants and other assistant programs. please give me a call or email me back as soon as possible thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Government grants would be programs such as LIHEAP. However another great option is just energy assistance programs that may be offered directly by your utility company. And those resources and options can be found here at energy bill assistance. Select your state, and starting making some calls. Sometimes when people apply for food stamps they are automatically enrolled in energy programs too, so be sure to look into that.
PSNC1 wrote:I was visiting your website and seen your email to ask about assistance. I am a single mom of 2 kids and really need help in finding aid in help paying for my bills such as power bills and rent. I am going thru a divorce and recently lost my job and am in desperate need of assistance. i do receive food stamps but need extra help in paying bills. I would like help on how to get government grants and other assistant programs. please give me a call or email me back as soon as possible thank you
Mary Beth Wer

Post by Mary Beth Wer »

I need to move out of my current residence. It is unsafe for my family. Our landlord has another property we can move into, but I am behind on my power bill and cannot get assistance because I have applied to soon, I should come back the day before disconnect I was told, I need help catching my bill up so my family can live in home where not everything is run off extension cords. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Go back before the disconnect of your power? Doesn't sound right to us. Instead ask Nevada Power for advice. Maybe they can enter you into a payment plan, give you an abatement, etc. Or at least refer you to some financial aid program for paying the power bill. so try them first...as waiting one day before electric is shut off sounds risky.