Can't pay electric bill with SSDI alone

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Virginiabeach
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Can't pay electric bill with SSDI alone

Post by Virginiabeach »

HAVE BEEN looking for Some help in paying my electric bill I filed for ssd ssdi due to health issues in 2010 And As of Today 10/26/2010 they have told me I’m am disable but not enough under there rules I have have contacted Wateree COMMUNITY ACTIONS IN MY STATE COLUMBIA SC RICHLAND COUNTY SOUTH CAROLINA 786-4250 FOR HELP but they tell me they Are out of money until January 2012 let me explain my situation in June of 2011 I had to move from my home to my mothers house because I did not have an income to keep paying bills. My mother helped me until June 2011 but can no longer afford to help me she paired my cable and water bill all I have left is electric bill that is past due I have called many places for help but no one can help me I have health issue I can not work until I have surgery on them I do not know where else to look for help this is my last electric bill I need help with can you lease let me apply for help thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Can't pay electric bill with SSDI alone

Post by Admin »

there are other places to call besides Wateree COMMUNITY ACTIONS. A listing of assistance in Richland is here. For example, try calling organizations and programs like The Family Service Center of South Carolina or Sharing God's Love. Cancel the cable, and focus on water, electric, and other basic needs. Cable is a luxury service for people.
Virginiabeach wrote:HAVE BEEN looking for Some help in paying my electric bill I filed for ssd ssdi due to health issues in 2010 And As of Today 10/26/2010 they have told me I’m am disable but not enough under there rules I have have contacted Wateree COMMUNITY ACTIONS IN MY STATE COLUMBIA SC RICHLAND COUNTY SOUTH CAROLINA 786-4250 FOR HELP but they tell me they Are out of money until January 2012 let me explain my situation in June of 2011 I had to move from my home to my mothers house because I did not have an income to keep paying bills. My mother helped me until June 2011 but can no longer afford to help me she paired my cable and water bill all I have left is electric bill that is past due I have called many places for help but no one can help me I have health issue I can not work until I have surgery on them I do not know where else to look for help this is my last electric bill I need help with can you lease let me apply for help thank you
Thomas2

Post by Thomas2 »

I need help with my electric. They want to turn it off in 7 days if I don't come up with payments. I have tried to make arrangements but they tell me they can't. I am 68 years old and it is hard. I have told them they could put a lien against my home until I get it paid off. I don’t know what else to do. It has been hard since my husband passed away 5 years ago and I was going thru a foreclosure last year but we worked that out and I still have my home with payments I could afford. I only get 1,130 a month from SS and my daughter lives here and she gets 500 a month from her job. I have 2 grandchildren that live here. One is 22 a she is in college and her brother is 12. PLEASE can you help us?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are a senior, then there are several state laws that regulate utility disconnections. While you didn't provide your state, they are probably worth looking into in your situation. For example, some states will require a payment plan for a senior, and you definitely qualify based on age. So find the utility laws. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nnect.html
B Side

Post by B Side »

I have an electric disconnect notice for June 24th and a gas for June 12th. The customer service rep I spoke to told me to reach out to you. I just paid 120 for the electric and they want 600 with a remaining balance of 480 to pay by June 30rd. My daughter who is on SSDI is about to have a baby this month and can't have my electric shut off right now but not soon enough to qualify for the newborn program. Can you please get back to me and let me know what my options are. Sorry for the late timing.