Financial help for filling our propane tank

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Kathy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Financial help for filling our propane tank

Post by Kathy »

My husband and I are both disabled. My husband gets SSD and VA Disability. Because my husbands income is a little too much I don't qualify for SSI. This gives use just his income to live on. My husbands income is $6.50 over the limit for LEAP. We recently went with a different propane company and have to have the money upfront to fill the tank. The Salvation Army and other local charities don't help with propane assistance. Where can we get help for this one fillup? After that we can go on the budget plan. We reside in Raleigh County, West Virginia
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Financial help for filling our propane tank

Post by Admin »

We believe West Virginia offers the Dollar Energy fund charity organization. More info is here. We think it helps with many forms of utility, heating, and gas bills.

http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nee ... bills.html

Also, definitely call around to other agencies in the region. Find more information and phone numbers at Raleigh County Est Virginia assistance. There are other non-profits and options like the Raleigh County Community Action Association, Inc., phone (304) 252-6396.
Kathy wrote:My husband and I are both disabled. My husband gets SSD and VA Disability. Because my husbands income is a little too much I don't qualify for SSI. This gives use just his income to live on. My husbands income is $6.50 over the limit for LEAP. We recently went with a different propane company and have to have the money upfront to fill the tank. The Salvation Army and other local charities don't help with propane assistance. Where can we get help for this one fillup? After that we can go on the budget plan. We reside in Raleigh County, West Virginia
Loper19

Post by Loper19 »

I was staying with my mother with my two children, both under the age of 4. I moved out for a short time and sadly my mother became upset and neglected her bills. I had set her up on payment plans and sadly she did not keep it up. I am now back and she has had no electricity for a month and its very cold weather. Her bill is $1100, I have $800 and trying to see what assistance we can get. She also can get a propane tank filled instead if need be. We are a low income family and with my little ones we need it on ASAP. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Do you use Amerigas? We would assume so as they are the largest propane company in the US. if so, this company does have a variety of assistance programs for propane, gas, and other energy. Amerigas programs can be found here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
MikeDexter

Post by MikeDexter »

Hello,

I am having issues with Wegerski Propane who refuses to deliver gas to my residence. We currently do not have heat! I live with my mother who is disabled. She and I could smell gas inside our home. Wegerski propane has me down as a COD customer when I am supposed to be on a budget plan. In other words, they want me to pay $350 up front for them to make a delivery. I cannot afford to pay this. No one should have to go through what I am going through right now. It sickens me that this company is getting away with mistreating their customers. I need a solution this issue asap. If it was just me in the situation, I would tough it out. But my mother is under my care and I do not comprise her well being for anyone. I desperately need your advisement. If you cannot help, please let me know who can. I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and any assistance you can provide....
Rested

Post by Rested »

Hey, I live in Steeleville Illinois. I recently rented a trailer and didn't know that I had to pay to fill up the propane tank. I called Midwestern propane in Sparta IL and they told me it would cost over $400 to fill up the tank and they aren't able to do a little at a time. I am not able to afford over $400 due to recently losing my job at glister Mary Lee however I have orientation for a different plant through gilsters on Thursday December 22. If there is any way you can help then PLEASE get back to me ASAP.