I am on disability and need help with heat and electric

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
kat52
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I am on disability and need help with heat and electric

Post by kat52 »

I am a 59 year-old disabled lady. After paying rent I don't have enough for utilities. I realize there are so many folks needing help now. I have waited to ask as I do understand. I worked as a nurse for 30 plus years until my spine problems made me quit, so I am used to helping others and not asking for help.
I live in Park County Co., very rural area, no city close. I need help with propane for heat or my electric bill. I could pay one if I could get help with the other.

Thank you so much for your time.

Kathy
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I am on disability and need help with heat and electric

Post by Admin »

Never hesitate to ask for help, as these are obviously challenging time for our country. Find extensive information on Colorado utility assistance programs, heating bills, weatherization, and others. Now these are programs offered by energy companies themselves. We have other resources on the site, and be sure to use the navigation bars oon the left margin of main site. You can drill down to other organizations and ways to get financial assistance for many expenses, and programs specific to Park County Colorado.
kat52 wrote:I am a 59 year-old disabled lady. After paying rent I don't have enough for utilities. I realize there are so many folks needing help now. I have waited to ask as I do understand. I worked as a nurse for 30 plus years until my spine problems made me quit, so I am used to helping others and not asking for help.
I live in Park County Co., very rural area, no city close. I need help with propane for heat or my electric bill. I could pay one if I could get help with the other.

Thank you so much for your time.

Kathy
Sushirolls

Post by Sushirolls »

Me and my husband have two children and I am unemployed right now and my husband is disabled due to heart problems he draws 954.00 a month in disability we owe for our home and lights and water and with our son still in school it is hard for us to afford kerosene to heat we have portable kerosene heaters we use and with limited income we can't afford kerosene. My husband has got to go through surgery November 15h 2011 and it is getting hard on us if you know of anyone that might help with kerosene vouchers for us please let me know and may god bless everyone and thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Look into some government programs such as LIHEAP. It can help with fuel type of Kerosene too. Call your local energy provider for my advice and possible help as well. A pretty good summary of the various heating and energy assistance programs is here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nee ... bills.html
Sushirolls wrote:Me and my husband have two children and I am unemployed right now and my husband is disabled due to heart problems he draws 954.00 a month in disability we owe for our home and lights and water and with our son still in school it is hard for us to afford kerosene to heat we have portable kerosene heaters we use and with limited income we can't afford kerosene. My husband has got to go through surgery November 15h 2011 and it is getting hard on us if you know of anyone that might help with kerosene vouchers for us please let me know and may god bless everyone and thank you.
kat52

Post by kat52 »

I did fill out a LEAP form for help with my heating bill. I was so thrilled to find out that they approved me for $700 that will be sent to my propane company. I only had 5% left in my tank and was scared to death. I get $350 of the assistance now and another $350 in Feb. This will not cover all my propane but it will make it possible for me to make it!!!
If your in Co. fill out the LEAP form and see if your able to get help. They have the amount you can make, depending on your household online.

This has done so much to ease my mind. It didn't hurt me to ask for help, although I had to push myself a bit.

All of you folks looking for help, give your utility company a call and ask them who helps in your state. Good Luck to all.

Kathy
Shauna Mac

Post by Shauna Mac »

Hi! I am physically disabled due to severe case of RA. I am receiving disability benefits monthly. When my Mom was alive, she helped me pay for the rent and utilities. I am now solely responsible for paying the rent and utilities. I receive a little over $1,000 per month. However, my apartment rent is $1,000 per month. After I pay the rent, I have only a little over $100 to pay for my electricity. I don't even have any money to pay for my groceries. I am now one and a half month late with my rent. Today, I received a phone call from my landlord that he is expecting me to bring my rent to current. Can you help me?
Armstrong

Post by Armstrong »

My sister in 34 years old with cancer. She's is over her head behind in bills. I live in Georgia and she lives in NYC but I’m trying to help out. She is behind on heating. I am trying to help as much as I can from here and there is only so much I can do. She's really stressed and in so much psychical pain so I don't need this issue to be another downer for her. I focus is to keep her happy and not focused on anything but getting better. Please call me for help or even advice. I need all the help so I can help her. Thank you so much for taking the time out and reading my email. Have a great day.
Capella

Post by Capella »

Hello
This present time I am unable to work. My only income was terminated once I applied for disability benefits. I have been maintaining my rent and utilities. Due to the fact of filing for disability, my unemployment checks were withheld from me I have tried to contact them about this matter, but I haven't to this date and this week my utility bills are due. I have no income and I searched all of the agency in the Jefferson County area that offers assistance, but they all say there is nothing available. So I am asking for any help that can be provided by you or someone you may know that can help me immediately.
Johnson19

Post by Johnson19 »

Hello, well I’m a single mother of three and I need help pay my rent we didn’t not have a Christmas because all the money I get each month goes all on rent my water and lights is about to get turned off. This is because I can’t pay everything. My kids needs things to I’m looking for a job but it’s very hard to find one. I don’t want to lose our place I only get my daughter disability check 698. My rent is 650. I’m trying very hard to take care of my three girls. All three are in 4th grade. I love them so much I don’t want to have to give my place up. We need a place. I just need to get my water and lights caught up. Thank you so much if you all could help in any way. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Are you referring to Jefferson County in Alabama? What you are saying doesn't sound right at all. People that are disabled work, and in fact the government offers incentive for that. Also, you said you had income, but on unemployment? So something doesn't sound right here with your store. But anyway, you can try for electric bill help. Here is more information. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pr7.html
LauraJane

Post by LauraJane »

Hi. My electricity, heat and gas were shut off today and I was inquiring on where to go for help. I am a dislocated worker and my unemployment benefits were exhausted. I have no car to find employment and unemployment won't allow for me to apply again until December of 2018. I need some extra help to get my utilities on while I continue my job search or apply for disability. Please can someone point me in the direction I need to go to get some emergency help. Please and thank you.