Received Disconnect Notice

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
mkmlag6
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Received Disconnect Notice

Post by mkmlag6 »

My name is K, mom of 4 girls( ages 14,8,6,and 4). My 6yr old has severe asthma and has to do nebulizer treatments daily. I am currently looking for employment and their father, my partner, is working. Right now we are struggling with many bills and the price of gas. We live in upstate NY, Renssalear County and our utility company is National Grid. I have tried to get assistance from Social services but he makes to much. We do receive food stamps,family health plus, and free lunch @ our school. What can help us to pay utility bill to prevent shut off? Thank You!!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Received Disconnect Notice

Post by Admin »

We will send you some information on assistance programs for both your county, as a listing of state of New York utility assistance programs. The countywide resources for Rennselaer County are here. Call agencies and programs listed like Joseph’s House.
The utility assistance programs from New York financial assistance are listed as well at that link. Most of the resources and programs listed are run by the power companies like National Grid, so look into those options as well and call around for help.
mkmlag6 wrote:My name is K, mom of 4 girls( ages 14,8,6,and 4). My 6yr old has severe asthma and has to do nebulizer treatments daily. I am currently looking for employment and their father, my partner, is working. Right now we are struggling with many bills and the price of gas. We live in upstate NY, Renssalear County and our utility company is National Grid. I have tried to get assistance from Social services but he makes to much. We do receive food stamps,family health plus, and free lunch @ our school. What can help us to pay utility bill to prevent shut off? Thank You!!!
VNova

Post by VNova »

On Disability and I have got a 1 time assistance from LHEAP. This is my first summer in trailer. I have asthma and must keep AC at 78, have applied for weatherization and home grant, both are on hold for funding. I have disconnect on 8/09/2012 per LCEC. Have called agencies such as FISH, UNITED WAY, SALVATION ARMY. I have kept my bill paid up on time till July when LHEAP paid $150. I also have a $200 deposit down which came from my church in January 2012.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In addition to calling your church, did you try Catholic Charities. They are another leading church based, non-profit charity to call. The organization offers countless programs and resources to the poor, less fortunate, and people facing a utility disconnection. Now they would probably only offer a few bucks for disconnect notice too, so the funding is limited. More details.
Ripa

Post by Ripa »

Hello,
We need help paying are bills this month. I've been out of a job for 6 months now and my husband works but this month is really are for us. We are 300 dollars short for are water/sewage/trash bill for our apartment complex and facing a shut off. They are threatening to kick us out if we don't pay it this month. We've been very good paying are monthly rent on time, but this month is hard and we cant afford it all. Our rent is 1275.00 a month and we can only pay 600 of it this month. We are asking for help in anyway. Thank you so much, Let me know what you need. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have a shut off coming, then apply for LIHEAP, or the home heating credit. It is available across Michigan. It won't help with your rent, but maybe some of the money you get for your utilities will then free up the remainder to pay for rent. Good luck on dealing with all those bills, and here is more information for you. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... dit_a.html