Can't afford heating oil

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Winterskier
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Can't afford heating oil

Post by Winterskier »

I am looking for help getting oil. I have two daughters, aged 9 & 4. We recently moved to New Haven Ct. I have applied through tvcca but my appointment isn't until December 1st.I am currently unemployed. I only get a little money each month from the state. My oil tank is completely dry meaning no heat or hot water. I have to take my kids to my moms which is about a half hour away just to give them a bath. I would appreciate any help I can get with this matter. I have tried numerous places with no luck. I am starting to get a little desperate as it's getting colder at night. Thank you so much for your time.
dadof4

Re: Can't afford propaine disabled due to car wreak lost my

Post by dadof4 »

im a single dad of 4 kid in need of propaine disabled due to wreak and winter is here dont need sick kids can anyone help me please :cry:
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Can't afford propaine disabled due to car wreak lost my

Post by Admin »

What state? Your post is way to vague. So here is our general link for information and resources on heating bills, propane, utilities, etc. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nee ... bills.html
If you provide us more specific information we can reply with more specific information and resources.

dadof4 wrote:im a single dad of 4 kid in need of propane disabled due to wreak and winter is here don't need sick kids can anyone help me please :cry:
Justine

Re: Can't afford heating oil

Post by Justine »

I live in Walden new York and have recently lost my job. I have a back bill from my oil company that I can not pay. They have discontinued my service; I am running out of oil to heat my home for the winter. I need some assistance in obtaining oil. My credit is bad; so I can not get a new company to sign me up Thank you any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are not really sure what County Walden is in, but we think Montgomery New York. There are various places that may provide heating oil, like LIHEAP and others. Find a listing of options for you here at New York assistance programs.
Justine wrote:I live in Walden new York and have recently lost my job. I have a back bill from my oil company that I can not pay. They have discontinued my service; I am running out of oil to heat my home for the winter. I need some assistance in obtaining oil. My credit is bad; so I can not get a new company to sign me up Thank you any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
EBurnett

Post by EBurnett »

My wife and I are in need of help with heating bills or a tank full of oil. I lost my job in June of 2012 and after that I got very sick. I am currently getting medical help though the VA Hospital in St Louis. It is a slow process to get medical help and my wife has been on disability for the past 4 years we have worked all our lives and I am 58 and have never collected unemployment in my life. Now Congress has taken so far 2 of my unemployment check for the deficit. I do not like to beg for help but I am now. I have always been the one putting money every year to charities like St Jude. Any help would be a blessing.
Rashel

Post by Rashel »

Hello, I am trying to help a family in need of oil, the mom and dad and kids are freezing and their kids pet rabbit was found dead this morning, it froze to Death ! The husband is a very nice guy, he does not have much and yet, he try's to help others in need if he could. And with the ::Thanksgiving and Christmas coming, it is bad enough that they will have nothing, At least help them with oil. I am having it ruff myself with a daughter with medical problems and I am in need of a few things, so I can not help them. If you know anyone else that can help them too let me know. Please help them, Let me know A.S.A.P. Thank you.
ohnathan

Post by ohnathan »

I live in Pleasantville, NY. My husband lost his job, and we are having financial difficulties. Can you please send information on where to go to apply for assistance for paying for our home heating oil, and for our electric bill. We own our home, and have a mortgage to pay. We have four people living in our home. Can you help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, you want to get resources lined up for heating now. That is a good idea. We have tons of them listed for Westchester and also NY. Also, are those other 3 people working? Why is everyone depending just on the husband? Anyway, you will find our programs for heating bills on the main site here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ance_.html
VASA

Post by VASA »

I apologize. The state is PA. As I said I do have on-track right now. My biggest concern is as I am getting back on my feet I may not qualify again, and it will be winter months, as I have oil heat it costs over $2000.00 to heat my home in the winter, my mortgage is 1200.00, and my balance is still 2000.00 with PPL electric. I was under the impression that on-track was going to pay a portion of that bill off. From what I have been told that has not happened they have only made my payments 23.00 for the next 6 months. I am just very concerned about my upcoming renewal.
Any assistance would be appreciated. I work from 8:30 - 5:30 and am on my 90 day probation so I don't have time to go down and ask. I want to thank you in advance for your time.
Sheryn

Post by Sheryn »

Hi, my name is Melissa, I live in Oneida County NY. I'm having some problems keeping up with my heating bills and need heating oil. My bill jumps up $25-$35 a month or at least they did last year between late September through May. I live in a 1 bedroom upstairs apartment, with the stairs inside my house, I know that it starts with the numerous extremely noticeable drafts, from the 2 doors to the outside (1-Front Door, 2- Upstairs Porch Door) where you can literally see outside on the sides and bottom, to the 5 big windows and 2 smaller ones.
There's nothing 'legally' wrong with drafts, etc. they said when I told them that; they all need new weather stripping, and shrink seal kits for the windows BUT when I have a total budget of $238 a month for heating oil (that has to pay the National Grid Bill and 2 others) to support me, paying for those things are impossible, especially because I just took in a stray kitten who has to get neutered ASAP, he just turned 6 months Monday, yeah perfect timing for me.
•I already receive a yearly heap grant due to food stamps and TA and some heating oil, but I need more.
•Like I already stated, I'm on DSS, I receive $179 that goes towards my rent, and $238($119 2X a month) cash.
    *This also makes me ineligible for emergency heap for the heating oils.
•I'm in the process of applying for disability, on numerous bases, but the rumors are definitely true, it's taking forever.
This is usually the time of year I try to start with a blank slate when I get my heap grant in November, but the last couple years I never got completely there and it just snow balled, the more expensive the bills became the bigger my debt grew.
I'd really appreciate any referrals, ideas, or suggestions that you can help me with.
Again, thank you for your time and attention to this matter.