Utility assistance for unemployed

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Eloise
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Utility assistance for unemployed

Post by Eloise »

I need help with my Utility bill because I don't have any money or a job atm. When i put the bills at my Aunts house under my name I was working, im currently job less and I got a letter in the mail stating that the water and power was going to be disconnected. Please help, I dont know what to do. There are Three kids in the house and I dont want them to have to go through this hard time because of me. Please help Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Utility assistance for unemployed

Post by Admin »

Usually with three kids an utility company will give you more time to pay a bill. Ask them about a payment plan. Also file for LIHEAP in Delaware too. Call the Salvation Army. Keep calling around to local charities and government programs. Also find Delaware electric bill programs too. such as the Good Neighbor Fuel Fund which can be called at 302-472-0750 and is run by the Delaware Salvation Army.
Eloise wrote:I need help with my Utility bill because I don't have any money or a job atm. When i put the bills at my Aunts house under my name I was working, im currently job less and I got a letter in the mail stating that the water and power was going to be disconnected. Please help, I dont know what to do. There are Three kids in the house and I dont want them to have to go through this hard time because of me. Please help Thanks.
Pug Owner

Post by Pug Owner »

I just lost my job, only getting one week pay, and possibly 10 day vacation pay, maybe a little unemployment buy not much, company eliminated entire department and put work load on 5 people, could not keep up so they let me go, am turning 60 in May and have no savings, need immediate help to ensure my cell phone, internet service and rent/utilities/car note and car insurance are paid so I can have means of looking for employment...not worried about food, can eat ramen noodles if need be, thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have you looked into the LIHEAP crisis program. It is the federal government funded utility assistance programs, and it can provide some immediate cash to people who are faced with a disconnection. Usually prioirty is given to seniors, so you may have that going for you, and more details can be found here at LIHEAP.
Pug Owner wrote:I just lost my job, only getting one week pay, and possibly 10 day vacation pay, maybe a little unemployment buy not much, company eliminated entire department and put work load on 5 people, could not keep up so they let me go, am turning 60 in May and have no savings, need immediate help to ensure my cell phone, internet service and rent/utilities/car note and car insurance are paid so I can have means of looking for employment...not worried about food, can eat ramen noodles if need be, thanks
HarryReid

Post by HarryReid »

Currently in need of financial assistance with a Utility bill in the amount of $122.00. This is not a norm; however I am struggling going into this month due to a family emergency that resulted in financial strain on my family. We have had to struggle to help one another in the midst of new emergency bills. This has created a strain in the last month. I'm short on my Conserve electricity bill. They are unforgiving. I would appreciate help. I can be reached at this email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is that company, Conserve, in Utah? If not, then please let us know where they are located. If you do have a crisis for just one month, then the company may offer assistance for that month's electricity bill. It will more than likely just be one month's worth of support, but maybe that will be enough for your situation. Or look into government programs in Utah. Click here.
Colleen

Post by Colleen »

My husband and I are unemployed, he is a veteran, we have one child and another on the way. He is working on getting his compensation from the military but it will be at least a month. Our local veteran outreach center in Pleasant Plains Arkansas was working to get us assistance for utility bills and gas until the compensation started. However he is currently in the hospital and in need of possibly having surgery. Our gas tank is currently at 15% and our water is due to be shut off on the 20th of this month. Is there any help we can get for them.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Colleen wrote: Our local veteran outreach center in Pleasant Plains Arkansas was working to get us assistance for utility bills and gas until the compensation started.
In addition to that, try one of the energy bill assistance programs in Arkansas. There are several to try, as we note here. Both state, charities, and companies offer support. Especially if your husband is a veteran. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... utili.html